elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....

Go down 
+7
fadeupyoursmile
MagicalTrevor
LongLegs
Mr Woman
ticky
Jones
My Bury Vest
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 19:58

Aw, what a lovely story, MBV!
And well done to you for being so cool (and considerate)!
I think there is a time and place for pics/autographs etc and this obviously wasn't one of them, so, respect to you... Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 20:05

Jones wrote:
Aw, what a lovely story, MBV!
And well done to you for being so cool (and considerate)!
I think there is a time and place for pics/autographs etc and this obviously wasn't one of them, so, respect to you... Thumbs Up!

Cheers dear ! Daft innit eh ? Think the only reason I approached him is because he comes across, and evidently is, so approachable ! made my bloody year, it did - now I can continue to admire from afar - which is what I prefer ! Most of my other musical heroes are Mancunian, and without doubt, Jimi from Doves and Mani from Stone Roses apart, APPEAR very unapproachable.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 13:29

Lucky Lucky you I say. Remember seeing him at the Newport concert stage door and I think all I had to say was that they were "amazing" my husband pointed out that I'd said it three times. Dumb idiot that I am!

Silly really because he is on the most down to earth people about on and off stage!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 11:12

Ah, nice one MBV! Good on yer for pitching it just right. Sounds like that'll keep you going till your next chance hero encounter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010, 13:31

Just seen Mark Potter and kids wander into my local McDonalds as I depart the neighbouring Aldi - nothing more 'showbiz' to add about the story than that ! Oh, he had a big blue hat on ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010, 14:04

You must have been in a McFlurry of excitement. Rolling Eyes

....I'll get my coat.
Back to top Go down
gemsio
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 21:23

I grew up with Richard!! He is such a lovely guy!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 23:39

my ex's band used to use the same rehersal rooms in Bury as Elbow used years ago (at least 10years) he said they used to be there all the time. Sad thing is I often went there giving lifts and what have you and hung about in a little room with a tatty old sofa and I chatted to loads of the musicians that used the rooms, for all I know I might have chatted with any or all of them but I cant remember individual people No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2