elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tenuous Celebrity Connections

Go down 
+10
leespoons
Dabamash
Grant
bennn
nikkijaydee
TamedLamia
ticky
bluefield
fadeupyoursmile
mrswoman
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Tenuous Celebrity Connections Empty
PostSubject: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 22:17

Inspired by seeing Simply Red on the BBC Manc night, Mr W mentioned his brother reckons he's played cricket in the backstreet with Mick Hucknall about 35-40 years ago (Their relatives lived a few doors up from them).

Setting aside lucky photos or chance meetings with famous folk, anyone else got any similarly tenuous or strange links to celebrities?
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 22:24

My uncle's cousin is Micheal Evis.

But my Uncle is one of 16 kids, he has a lot of cousins!
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 09:38

ha ha I bet Michael Evis has a lot of relatives, especially when Glasto tickets are around
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 09:57

I've got 3 tenuous connections -

1. My great great grandfather was Lloyd George (on the wrong side of the sheets - and, yes, I know everyone in Wales is related to Lloyd George!)

2. My children's third cousins ( on their father's side) are The Corrs - never met them.

3. My mother's cousin's children's stepbrother was once married to Drew Barrymore for 10 days - never met her either.

Now THAT'S tenuous.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 11:56

No famous relatives, but my grandfather father's side was chauffeur for Hanussen. Could not ask him about that because he never came back from WW2 so I only know it from my aunt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 17:53

Florence Nightingale was a great (don't know how many times) aunt of my Mum (or so she says!!)

Oh and my geography teacher at school was David Bowies cousin.
Back to top Go down
bennn
fallen angel
fallen angel
bennn

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 19:25

My nan's cousin is Elton John's Drummer!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 19:39

My dad's cousin was eric liddel
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 19:54

My mums mate is the sister of Gary Lineker
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 08:21

My cats go to the same vets as Donald Sinden's dog.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 11:16

My Dad once played a one off gig at Pontins/Butlins, not sure, as the drummer with Rory Storm and The Hurricanes before Ringo Starr joined them (before he joined The Beatles).

I used to live on the same street as old Man United goalkeeper Gary Bailey when he used to play with them, in Whitefield, Manchester. Surprisingly, despite playing for Manchesters number 2 team, he was a good guy.
Back to top Go down
Mollyb
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mollyb

Female Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 19:32

Bah ha ha ha ha. I can't believe I'm going to post this......the mother of my childhood best friend is in some way related to Boy George.

I suck at celebrities.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 08:19

Thought of another couple - Mrs Spoons' friend's mum wrote the children's book The Mousehole Cat and is related by marriage to Jack Dee.

And another friend's dad is Omar Sharif's second cousin, I shit you not

Oh, and Fred Wedlock once stayed on my sofa, around the time he was in the charts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kALGhbTxdg
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:38

I've done this before, but hey, recycling is good, and I'm enjoying this thread.

My Dad was Squeeze's lawyer (or maybe their management's) back when I was a lad - we had Glenn Tilbrook & Chris Difford in our front room for a cup of tea once.

Secondly I played in "the Curious Band" in the mid 80's. Described by that pillar of musical journalism The Essex County Standard as "a shabby mixture of space rock and hardcore punk" we were never destined for stardom. However a couple of members of the band did OK, Graham Coxon and Dave Rountree. To be honest, TCB had a pretty fluid line-up, and I don't think I ever actually played with Graham (I vaguely remember him as the young kid who went to the college I used to go to), but I did play with Dave. Great days but TCB were shocking, really, and not in a good way.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:40

That is cool right!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 13:25

OK, I've got a couple of mega-tenuous connections for y'all:

1. My girlfriend Pam is good friends with the wife of Iron Maiden's drummer, Nicko McBrain (he lives in South Florida so he can play golf all year!). She gets in to a lot of meet-and-greets and after-parties because she knows them, and has asked me to come along many times, but I never go because they're always at heavy metal or hair metal gigs, and I can't stand that stuff! Just last week she was hanging with Def Leppard after a show here in West Palm Beach, and she said Rick Allen smelled awful and must not bathe regularly. pale
This is her (she's between Phil Collen and Rick Allen):
Tenuous Celebrity Connections Pamgro10

2. My sister lives around the corner from the brother of Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins singer). Billy's dad and stepmum used to live there too, in a seperate house next door to Billy's brother Ricky, but they moved a while back. My sister is pretty tight with the Corgans and my niece and nephew play with Billy's niece Ava all the time. I was actually just visiting to babysit my sister's kids this past weekend while she went to Ricky's 40th birthday party, and Billy flew out from LA to attend. He hung around the 'hood all weekend and was a really nice guy to everyone, despite the fact that he's a proper butthead in most interviews. I don't have pics to post of him, because it's an unwritten rule that if you're hanging out at the Corgan's and Billy's there, you don't get the camera out! But he has signed loads of autographs for folks on the block, though not all of them know who the hell he is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenuous Celebrity Connections   Tenuous Celebrity Connections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tenuous Celebrity Connections
Page 1 of 1