elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???

Go down 
+4
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
leespoons
ElbowFreak
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Empty
PostSubject: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 10:01

Hey,
do you all know your first time you've been around this place?
I do... One of the first things I've done was chatting with Grant and Dabamash. They were teasing me that my nick should be GuyFreak and not ElbowFreak. lol! I don't know why - honestly! Rolling Eyes
It was quite cool though.

How about you... first thread you've started... anything like that.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 13:59

I joined on the very first day after following a link from Facebook... so apart from MT, Dabs, TamedLamia and Jonny you're all n00bs to me Wink

Can't remember many of the early threads, other than most of them were about how great Elbow are (obviously) and other bands people were into.Oh, and the Get To Know Each Other thread.

And I remember thinking how cool it was that Craig posted here Cool
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 15:05

I remember how I found ERO - via a link on the Elbow MySpace comment thread - and I also remember how happy I was to find all these other people discussing Elbow! Quite a relief because I had never really found other people over here who shared my love of this band, and it was so great to not be the only one! Though I think (hope?) things might be taking a wee turn here after the tour with Coldplay...seeing way more buzz now than I ever have before and I hope it continues. But even if it does, ERO is still the best place to be for Elbow-ites and I am so glad it exists! cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 17:08

I remember there were only a few members. The early talk was about TSSK - Like Chrissie I was pleased to find somewhere that people loved Elbow as most people i know hadn't heard of them or didn't pay any attention.

For a while there was only a few of us posting and trying to keep it going with different threads - the neighbourhood seemed to pull things together quite well because it gave people other things to discuss along with the obvious Elbow stuff.

I'm glad it stayed the course because for a while there weren't many joining - but it certainly picked up. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 17:20

I think some people were still using the Powderblue messageboard still at the beginning, ChrissyBoy.
How all you feel about ERO is how I felt about the Powderblue website, which was running as a fansite for elbow since 2000, then about 2 or so years ago the founder of the website and moderator of the board didn't update or look in so much, and we more or less carried on the message board without it being moderated.
Then when ERO set up and was advertised around myspace and facebook and lastfm, and the main Powderblue website went, less and less people posted on there and either drifted away altogether or some moved here instead.

A few of us, I know, still look in on Powderbue so the good discussion threads and elbow stuff that is left is saved from disappearing altogether.
Craig used to post on there too ( and some of the rest of the band did too, I am sure! but as anons or made up names to tease us!)

So the first times on here I didn't register for a while or post very much as I actually felt a bit sad, but some of the powderblue friends still keep in touch, and some are still on here, and this one does look smarter and bigger.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 17:50

I know Al frequented Powder Blue, as did i on and off, but i was never really that big a part of the community!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 18:35

It was already starting to die a bit as a community I think when Al joined, it was most fun around 2003-2006, some of us met up at gigs, but even ones that didn't meet in real life used to be old regulars there.
I recognise some members that came on here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 20:17

I found the site purely by chance. I happened to be on the Elbow myspace site right as MT stuck an ad for the forum on it. So I clicked it out of curiosity and became the first person to join (MT was actually 1st obviously). I was very new to Elbow then, having only properly heard them on Jonathon Ross Razz .
I was hooked, watched it again on iPlayer, then came online hunting for more info.

It seems I made a good decision, since this forum has grown into a happy and friendly community. Beer
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 16:43

lucky with disease wrote:
I think some people were still using the Powderblue messageboard still at the beginning

Its actually really weird cause I never looked for a forum before - so completley missed the Powder Blue site.
I think after TSSK, I thought for god's sake this is the fourth great album so why are these guys still off most peoples radar
there must be others out there who appreciate this - and hence found this place coincidentally only a week after it started.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 07:05

ChrissyBoy wrote:

Its actually really weird cause I never looked for a forum before - so completley missed the Powder Blue site.

Same with me. This is the first Elbow forum I've been too, and still am.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 12:02

I'm an old powderblueer too and found it there. I still post at powderblue from time to time and tried to contact the webmistress. Unfortunately she never replied. Hope she is fine... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???   Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember your first time beeing on elbow room only???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: