elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The origins....

Go down 
+17
JulieinTX
Robeman
Calum
Glendarian
MrsMagicalTrevor
Carah
Skeletor
MagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
ChrissyBoy
leespoons
Jonny
ukkonen
Ted
Hotblack
Topaz
Dabamash
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr 2008, 20:05

....of your username!
Just out of curiousity and to get us all to get to know each other a little better. What made you choose you username?

I'll start off:
When I was small, I couldn't say my name properly. So, I called myself Daba. I took Daba and added it to my second name, making Daba Nash.
Daba nash became Dabamash for no other reason than it sounded better. I've used Dabamash for just about everything from usernames to
e-mail addresses since.

So go on, enlighten us all....
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr 2008, 20:22

Topaz...my birth stone.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr 2008, 20:29

Topaz...November. You should live in Utah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr 2008, 22:26

Hotblack Desiato

- a minor charcter from some versions of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. When Ford Prefect encounters Hotblack Desiato at The Restaurant at The End Of The Universe he is both leader of the loudest noisiest Rock Band in the history of history itself (Disaster Area) and also he is so phenomenally rich that he is spending a year dead for tax reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Ted
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Ted

Male Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-04-19

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr 2008, 22:40

My real name is Thomas Edmunds so when it was on registers and stuff at school it was T.Edmunds so people called me Tedmunds (one word) and it eventually got shortened to Ted. Been like that for a good 10 years now I reckon!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 01:00

I had a feeling that your username came from Douglas Adams, Hotblack. And there really isn't a true origin to 'ukkonen' other than the fact that it's Finnish for thunderstorm and it's also a name for an algorithm. A bit of a mixture between being random and a small amount (underexaggeration) of love for mathematics.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 02:14

Hehe Tedmunds, I love it!

Jonny... is my name Shocked
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 09:54

Lee is my first name. The "Spoons" bit comes from this:

When I began producing bootlegs and mashups in 2003, I needed a suitable name. I didn't want to call myself "DJ Lee" or anything along those lines - I'm a bedroom producer, not a DJ - so I thought I'd give myself a silly name that nobody else would have.

Step forward Alanis Morrissette, with her immortal lyric "It's like ten thousand spoons, when all you need is a knife", from "Ironic". What a fantastic lyric Alanis. Yes, I'm being ironic. So, 10000 Spoons it was... and apart from a brief flirtation with the name "Fudge Tools" for my more cheesy dance-oriented stuff, the name stuck.

Nowadays I call myself Lee Spoons on forums though, it makes me sound more human and less like a rabid Alanis Morrissette fan.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 10:36

Ted wrote:
My real name is Thomas Edmunds so when it was on registers and stuff at school it was T.Edmunds so people called me Tedmunds (one word) and it eventually got shortened to Ted. Been like that for a good 10 years now I reckon!

On similar lines my second name starts with T. Written down in my mates phonebook as Chris.T
"Who's been phoning Christ" says my mates old man !

Anyway I think Christ's been taken as a name. Laughing

Clearly my name is chris and I'm a boy. Well a man actually, well actually a 37 year old man, ...in fact maybe i should change to ChrissyFastApproachinMiddleAgeMan ! affraid
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 14:56

ChrissyBoy wrote:
On similar lines my second name starts with T. Written down in my mates phonebook as Chris.T
"Who's been phoning Christ" says my mates old man !

Anyway I think Christ's been taken as a name. Laughing

Ha! My maiden name began with a T as well, ChrissyBoy, and I had the same issue as I often go by Chris as well as Chrissie. Also, my real name is Christina, but when I log on to the Amazon website, they shorten it. So there's always stuff on my screen like "Here are new DVD recommendations for Christ..." or "Christ...'s Amazon.com". Isn't it a drag, getting mistaken for the Almighty all the time? Very Happy

Dabamash, I was wondering about your name; glad you started this page and satisfied my curiosity about that! As for my screen name...pretty obvious, innit? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 15:17

heh heh. the good thing is that it is never taken. very unique.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 16:17

I nicked Magical Trevor from the weebls stuff cartoon, use it for most things now, always used to use the name of my old band, Lummux, as it was always available in most forums and online things.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 16:22

You should use MagicalTrevor as your avatar. He's cool Cool
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 18:18

Yeah been meaning to sort that out. Mrs MT has a femal version of him that she created, with Dyson
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 23:23

Skeletor is, as you know, a bad guy from He-man and the Masters of the Universe... More a caricature of a villain. Why do I use it?
Well, my friends and I used to send SMSs to a radio show. My friend's nickname was Snagator (something like muscle-man in Croatian) so I chose Skeletor because it rhymed and I love the cartoon character. Later on, I logged on the radio's forum with the same name. As time passed by, this forum became really popular and radio's owner decided to make a radio show about things that happened on and around that forum. I, as one of the first occupants (hehe), started to host the show and I became known as Skeletor. Nowadays, more people call me Skele or Skeletor than by my real name. So, I usually log as Skeletor or, if that one's taken (and that happens a lot), Skeletor143 (because of Flying Dream 143, of course).
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-04-21

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 06:51

Yours are all kinda awesome, I feel lame.
In real life, I'm Cara. On the internet, I'm Carah, because it looks cooler.
Yeeeeeeeeah.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 11:56

Welcome, Carah... is that Canterbury, Kent you're from? If so I can almost see you from here!
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 12:17

Well its fairly obvious why I am MrsMagicalTrevor on here, although its not my usual online name.

I normally go by the name Lemmiwinks, who is a gerbil in South Park.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 14:01

Mine's also a fictional character, kind of an alter-ego of mine Smile; as others have said, also useful as rarely taken on Internet sites etc.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:02

Carah wrote:
Yours are all kinda awesome, I feel lame.
In real life, I'm Cara. On the internet, I'm Carah, because it looks cooler.
Yeeeeeeeeah.

Almost as mundane as mine Wink

but not this time, Carah!!!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:20

lee spoons wrote:
Welcome, Carah... is that Canterbury, Kent you're from? If so I can almost see you from here!

It is indeed Canterbury, Kent.
I'm in Bristol right now, I'm watching Forward Russia tonight.

I miss my Canterbury.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:24

I'm near (tr)Ashford... but not quite far enough affraid
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:25

I live in leicester, where indians are the majority and chavs grow plentiful.
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:29

lee spoons wrote:
I'm near (tr)Ashford... but not quite far enough affraid

Near Ashford? Oh you poor thing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:39

Could be worse I suppose, could be the Isle of Sheppey... or the Marsh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The origins.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The origins....   The origins.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The origins....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: