elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?

Go down 
+6
sparky
fadeupyoursmile
Grant
Tailfly
ticky
Cestriansteve
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 14:25

I'm looking for downloads of the songs which only came out on the 7" singles and also some of the cover versions etc. that Elbow have performed. Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find them?

Tracks like 'Every bit the little girl', 'Our Little Boat', 'A Regret' and also things like 'Something In The Air' and 'Beat For Two'

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 16:15

Good lord - I've never even heard of those.
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:26

I've got Somethig In The Air in my itunes but I cant for the life of me remember where i got it from... I've got an album called "Elbow B-sides and remixes" but I dont know where its come from... ah the power of Elbow. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:26

How can you be going senile at the age of 15? Razz
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:31

If you have a browse around iTunes and 7Digital you can find some, Powderblue forum used to be a great place, but a lot of the links might have expired!
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:34

Aha! THATS where I got them from. PowderBlue! See, im not senile Razz
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 21:10

'Every bit the little girl' is currently a free download from Universal Music Germany
There's a thread on it in the "elbow patch"

I bought the following as single tracks off itunes earlier this year but can't see them now:
teardrop
loss
red (radio 1 acoustic session)
the drunken engineer
whisper grass
lay down your cross
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 08:28

This is pure speculation based on resurrected threads, but if you can't now download those tracks from iTunes, the rumours about a B-sides/rarities album release look way more promising.

Meanwhile, you can hear Beat For Two (& Fuzzy) on Ning BTW. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
missks
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 07:27

Theres a website, "music is here", that has music by independent artists, and has some of Elbows singles and albums, from the any day now ep to leaders of the free wold, though its limited by where you live ( i cant purchase anything off leaders of the free world or its singles...)
Its drm free and you can download in .flac and lots of other formats, .99cents a song or about 10 bucks for a whole album/single...
i thought about posting this about a year ago, but i`m not much for forums Razz

Hope some of you find some B-sides/remixes that you're looking for!

http://musicishere.com/artists/Elbow

-Kristina
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 07:41

OK then - I've decided to download the B-sides, but I'm an absolute novice in this area. I've looked at the website that Kristina (above) recommended and there are loads of songs on there. However - is it safe? Can anyone recommend the format to download? What do I download songs down onto? HELP!!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 08:17

I think the less complicated format might be mp3. Linux user prefer flac. It might depend on the software that plays the mp3s. If you have "Windows Media Player" or "Real Player" then mp3 should be no problem. Also wma is played by the Windows Media Player. But beware if they are copyrightsafed (DRM) then you should download them to the file where you will store them because if you move the file after the download it does not find its key anymore. Do you have a CD-Burning program? Copy them on CD afterwards.

About the safety I can not say much because I don't know the site. Also could not find out where it comes from. According the prizes I saw it can't be some dubious easterneuropean stuff. Some say you shouldn't pay with credit cards, some say paypal are betrayers (there was a lot trouble at ebay in Germany) but till now I had no problems. Some say "no risk no fun". *shrug*
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 08:32

Just had a quick look at 'Music Is Here' as I've never used it before, but it looks OK from a safety POV. You could always scan the files using your virus software if you're not sure.

The plus point about that site is that you can download tracks at the highest available audio quality as FLAC or WAV files, as opposed to MP3s. You can download straight to your computer - maybe make a new folder in 'My Documents' to seperate out the FLAC files from anything else on there, as you might want to convert them to MP3 (for an iPod/other player if you have one) sometime later. There are various safe converter programs out there.

You can play FLAC files with free, legal open source software like VLC Media Player - just search for it or 'FLA players' in Google. If you download WAVs, you can play them without any faff direct from Windows Media Player. I don't use WMP musch myself, but you might be able to play FLACs in WMP as well with the right codec which it should look for itself after you follow the prompts. If you've got a Mac, ask Sarah, Al or MT Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 16:18

Thanks for that Mrs W - I've started my new hobby trying to download stuff and I'm a little blinded by science, but I'm sure I'll get there.

BTW - does anyone have a link/copy/whatever you call it - to Every bit the little Girl. I've tried the German site but it's only available in Germany.

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 14:14

you got a pm!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 15:58

Hi all - thanks for your help - I've got Every BTLG now.
Back to top Go down
Niftium
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?   Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 23:55

Anyone know of any other places that offers past b-sides in FLAC/WAV/other lossless codecs? Now that I know what DITB won't give me, I need to take care of the rest!
Back to top Go down

Where can I download some of the more rare Elbow tracks?
Page 1 of 1