elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !

Go down 
+7
Lillybef
leesapee
Claire_w
Honorella
Stockhaus
sparky
My Bury Vest
11 posters
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Empty
PostSubject: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009, 08:08

Hi All,

If anyone can spare at least 2, can they PM me.......can't believe they've gone so quick !!

Gutted.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009, 15:17

Hi all

My Bury Vest asked before me so offer them to him first
BUT
If MBV gets his and anyone still has any spares for the Halle gig or An Evening with Guy Garvey, I'd gladly buy.

1 would be wonderful, 2 out of this world.

Saw the interview with Guy and Tony Livesey last night but by then it was too late. It's my own fault for taking my eye off the ball for a day or two.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2009, 15:38

Same here!

two for the gig at least, if i could get for the guy garvey thingy it would be lovely.
but yes, 2 for the 8th would be perfect!

as said before, MVB and sparky was before me to ask.

Will keep an eye out on ebay aswell.

ta
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2009, 20:18

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 22:26

I see that 3 tickets for the Halle have come up on ebay for .......£449! Makes your blood boil!!
Back to top Go down
Claire_w
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Halle Tickets 8th July   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 13:44

Hi

I am desperately trying to get hold of tickets for this date as a gift for my dad, i have tried everywhere. cant believe it sold out so fast.

It also really annoys me when people buy tickets to stick on ebay, should be banned!

If anyone could help at all i would be so grateful

Thanks

Claire
Back to top Go down
leesapee
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 18:27

If anyone has a ticket, I'd gladly buy one, or more. Gutted to have missed out.

L x
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 13:48

I only want one ticket, if anyone could help I would be eternally grateful.

thank you
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 14:33

Some people disgust me:

gnuboardrider( 255) from sheffield, has 2 front row gallery £35 face value, ebay bidding already up to £180 with 9 days to go.

Quote:
You are bidding for 2 front row gallery tickets for Elbow and the Halle at the Bridgewater Hall on 9th July 2009. This gig sold out in minutes.
The tickets are row D but I was assured by the box office they are front row with a great view. As you will see by the seating plan the gallery seats in the middle section start at row D.
Tickets are in hand and will be sent as soon as payment is received.
Any questions please ask.

tracysnoopcat( 29) from stockport has 2@ £15 facevalue, ebay bidding already up to £70 with 2 days to go.

clairebie1( 204) has 2@ 42.50 face value, but you could buy it now at £425 with 9 days to go.

isthatin( 63) from Warrington has2@ £42.50 face value, bidding up to £200 with 8 days to go.

plus_special_guests( 7579) has 2@ £42.50 face value, bidding up to £316 with 5 days still to go.

There is something very fishy the way these tickets were put on sale.

My stressful thursday evening, march 19th went like this.

Have been avoiding putting the computer on so often, but just by chance, came onto this forum on the evening of march 19th to discover my first knowledge of such a concert taking place, as I thought with the Abbey Road concert with orchestra, the idea of playing with the Halle had been shelved.

Shock! tickets had already been on sale for a couple of hours, so a rush of texting elbow friends and trying to book tickets at the same time before they went.
Through texting and calls finding out who had already had found out too, and who was already in the process of booking tickets themselves.
I phoned the link given and the best they could offer me was £15 gallery already? but I bought not wishing to miss out. I was then told that if I went direct to the boxoffice they probably had more choice. I did, and because I hadn't heard back or hadn't had a chance to find out if other friends had got tickets and seats were going fast, I booked 4 more better seats for me and friends, 6 were the limit per address.

I really don't know what would have been the best way to release these tickets, as if they had been advertised in advance of march 19th, there would have been an even bigger scramble for tickets. Having said this I did read that someone did have an advance tip off from Bridgewater staff, so got his tickets easily. Judging by the activity on ebay, touts were somehow in the know pretty quickly!

I do hope those that are desperate to be there are able to get tickets at face value. Who the hell is bidding such high numbers, when there are several days to go on some of these illegal auctions.
Is it the touts mates bidding to artificially inflate? If anyone is that desperate to bid, at least watch till the last minute, before you jump in and cost yourself dearly.
Rant over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 21:43

I too think it's strange how these tickets went on sale. Does anyone know what time the official elbow email about this gig landed? I think it was on Thursday 19th but after the tickets went on sale ?
Back to top Go down
Bright Grey
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bright Grey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSun 05 Apr 2009, 19:09

I don't think it was particularly strange the way tickets went on sale. It seems like the concerts haven't been organised via the Ebow 'machine' but rather through the Hallé/Bridgewater Hall/MIF organisations. People who are members etc of those organisations could well have received emails about a special collaboration with the Hallé and a band to be revealed and guessed... and been best placed to jump on tickets when they went on sale.

Anyway, I was trawling ebay and realised that some of the Elbow/Hallé listings show the actual seat locations, which means there's an opportunity to get them stopped/cancelled and put back on sale via Bridgewater Hall:

Wed 08/07/09

Circle G23 & 24
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320355967582

Circle J4
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140311162037

Stalls T12 & 13
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250399566492

Thu 09/07/09

Side Gallery A32 & 33
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280329250214

Gallery K9 & 10
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160325950665

Circle F23
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140311164511

The conditions of sale for Bridgewater Hall state that tickets cannot be resold for more than face value so there are grounds to have these auctions cancelled where breaches can be identified.

I've just sent an email to Bridgewater Hall with the details asking if they can be stopped and I'd suggest that maybe a few others, particularly those that missed out, perhaps write in or call too to see if we can get something done.

The contact form at www.bridgewater-hall.co.uk wouldn't work for me so I emailed 'admin' at bridgewater hall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SeldomSeenVid
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2009, 09:19

It's worth a shot. I shall be writing/ringing!
Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2009, 20:43

Any result from Bridgewater?

I still think it is strange, Bright Grey, that these amounts of Bridgewater tickets are being allowed to continue on Ebay. Its still 3 months away to the concerts, and there has been a steady trickle of around 10 to 13 pairs or singles at a time advertised since the tickets were sent out.
A substantial slice of tickets must have gone straight to touts that evening they soldout, and Bridgewater/Quay staff surely have some idea/recognition that it is the same names/card details/voices on phones recurring for ticket requests for these kind of events.

The tickets shouldn't have been sent normal second class post either, it was obvious that they were concert tickets in the envelope.

Those gallery K9 AND 10, should have been £15 each, went for £235 just now...back of centre gallery, not exactly the best of seats...
Madness.
Now there are just new listings appeared of more touted seats to replace them.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 18:52

https://www.bridgewater-hall.co.uk/content/AboutTheHall/ContactUs.aspx

The contact form worked for me, but not had anything back from them.

The listings are still being put on ebay, G23 & 24 went for £285'

So did anyone hear back if this rip off is being dealt with?

Did you phone Honorella?
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 19:38

I emailed but I haven't phoned I'm afraid and I haven't had a response. I will try tomorrow (or Saturday if they aren't open). Perhaps it's worth pursuing with the Festival organisers too? Will report back.
Honorella
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 19:41

The 1st T**T (tout) has put their Evening with.. tickets on ebay. £150 - Buy it now. Not a bad profit on a pair of £3 tickets!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:32

Only if someone is fool enough to fall for it, pah!

http://www.scarletmist.com/
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 22:00

I had a response to my email to the Bridgewater Hall

17 April 2009

Our refernce: CSI 45033

BY EMAIL

re: Sale of tickets by third party members

Thank you for your email regarding the sale of Elbow and the Halle tickets, we are aware of a number of tickets that are being sold on auction websites. We can also understand your frustrations when tickets for a sold out concert are offered on auction sites such as eBay. Unfortunately, in the absence of legislation there is very little we can do once tickets have been issued. By restricting the number of tickets per purchase we do try to ensure tickets go to genuine fans, but it is impossible for us to know the intentions of the buyer at the point of purchase. Tickets for some of our events are also sold through third party ticket agencies.

To ensure you are kept up to date with all new events on sale at the Hall, we recommend you sign up to the Hall’s e-newsletter and check our website regularly. In the case of Elbow and the Halle, we were not permitted to publicise the event prior to the Manchester International Festival launch and the tickets sold out very quickly after the festival on-sale announcement. For sold out concerts, occasionally a small number of additional tickets are released on the day of the event, so it is always worth giving the Box Office a call if you still require tickets.

Once again, thank you for your comments; we take the comments from our patrons very seriously in order that we may improve the services we provide for them. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hall again soon.

Yours sincerely

Dawn Yates

Head of Marketing
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
friend of ours
friend of ours
SmilinSkullRing

Female Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr 2009, 16:23

Hi all, I'm looking for tickets for this show. At least 1 is needed but up to 4 actually needed if that is in anyway possible. I'm sure it isn't. It just so happens that I can be in the area the day of the second show because three friends and I are planning a trip to Ireland and surrounding areas. I've never seen Elbow live, so I naturally really want this concert. Thanks for any and all help. And good luck to the others searching!
Back to top Go down
http://www.smilinskullring.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !   Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow/Halle tickets desperately needed !
Page 1 of 1