elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An evening with Guy Garvey!

Go down 
+26
al
sparky
My Bury Vest
Honorella
MagicalTrevor
Tailfly
Lynne
mrswoman
Jones
Glendarian
ChrissieInFL
anydaynow
fadeupyoursmile
newborn
Leo
lucky with disease
Misspelt Yoof
ElbowFreak
Kim
ticky
Stockhaus
Prestwich Red 143
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
hilaryg
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 17:07

Prestwich Red 143 wrote:
Two Halle shows and now evening with Guy Garvey. This is too much for one day. Very Happy

I think it's a beer tonight and Elbow on full blast.

it shoud be a beer nght every night !!! Drunk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 21:41

Not far off with Mr Prestwichred143!

Don't tell him I said that though. Wink
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 21:47

Wo Ho!!! Hey hey Lady Prestwichred!!! Wish you were here. I'm drunk on wine and singing Elbow (badly) and top volume celebrating the Elbowy festivites to come.
3 cheers to Elbow! And 3 cheers to Emlbowies!!!

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 21:53

sundaygirl wrote:
Emlbowies!!!

I move this becomes our collective nickname. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 21:56

Woo Hooo!!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 21:57

Of course the sneaky little 'm' there is a drunken typo.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 22:03

Oh 'eck! It's beer o'clock for Mr &Mrs PR143 as well. It's just like being at a gig - with Olivia disgracing herself in the corner!

(actually, it's usually me-Mr PR143 shoulders' have never been the same since that Academy gig! Wouldn't mind, I'd only had 2 drinks. Oh, the shame!)
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 22:07

OH!! I DO NOT disgrace myself in a corner!!! I'm too busy diusgracing myself in full view of everyone!!
Do you think that guy is still sore at us for vandalizing his book??? What was that book anyway???
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 22:35

sundaygirl wrote:
OH!! I DO NOT disgrace myself in a corner!!! I'm too busy diusgracing myself in full view of everyone!!
Do you think that guy is still sore at us for vandalizing his book??? What was that book anyway???

Just to clarify - that guy (not THAT Guy). I have no idea what you mean anyway. It had nothing to do with me, you naughty girl!

You're still slurring your words by the way!
xxx
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 23:13

Ooo, fibber!!! You wre an acomplice!!!

Ha ha, oh, no! I even slur when I write....
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 23:14

Ha ha, if we go back to Blackpool we'll have to go to a different pub!!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 23:16

OH, I've just been promoted to LIttle Beast!!!
Back to top Go down
anydaynow
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 15:01

A bit too far for me to travel unfortunately, otherwise I'd have gone to this! I'm touring in America in July.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 20:25

*sigh* I feel like a broken record (yeah, records...remember those, old-timers? Smile ) but every time I check in here I find another reason to curse my luck at being stuck in the US while all this live Elbow-y goodness is happening over there. I am so very envious of all y'all!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 20:27

We are very spoiled over here, especially us Mancunians. I love living in The Bos hometown...
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 20:37

sundaygirl wrote:
We are very spoiled over here, especially us Mancunians. I love living in The Bos hometown...

You seriously are spoiled, especially this year! The range of live projects they've been doing is fantastic - I'd give anything to be able to see even one or two of them.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 20:44

They love the States though and they'll be back! And they are getting seriously popular here and you'll still be able to see them in lovely small venues!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 15:53

Don't see any of the GG tix on sale on ebay, so that's a good thing...
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:03

At £3 each perhaps they didn't attract the attention of the touts.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:06

Maybe....that and it not being a musical show. I hope they don't end up on ebay.

I'm not really bothered about it not being a concert. I mean, that would be great, but just getting to hear him talk should be pretty entertaining in itself!!!!

Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 19:45

hilaryg wrote:
At £3 each perhaps they didn't attract the attention of the touts.

Not for long! The t**ts (touts) have got this one too. Buy it now £150 for a pair on ebay. Perhaps this one isn't as greedy as most, but with a profit like that, they certainly don't have a conscience.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 19:51

I just saw that and was just typing out my outrage, you beat me too it!

I got two tickets and one may end up a spare. If so it will get advertised on the offers board for cost - I couldn't in all conscience sit next to someone I fleeced for £70!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 19:53

I just checked her out, she also sold 2 Halle tix at £455! T**T! (not tout this time!)
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 20:00

As well as the ones she sold for £425 a couple of days later.

I was going to be kind until I saw she makes a habit of selling tickets. Although it did set me on a trail of thought....

It sounds sacrilege to us, but there are probably folk out there who are fans of the band, but for whom the temptation of an easy £500 profit is just too much. Too many folk losing their jobs etc. Perhaps as the time draws near, more people may realise and put theirs up for sale. Means two things - the price may come down (supply and demand) and folk on here who missed out may get a chance to go AND still afford to eat that month.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:08

hilaryg wrote:
As well as the ones she sold for £425 a couple of days later.

I was going to be kind until I saw she makes a habit of selling tickets. Although it did set me on a trail of thought....

It sounds sacrilege to us, but there are probably folk out there who are fans of the band, but for whom the temptation of an easy £500 profit is just too much. Too many folk losing their jobs etc. Perhaps as the time draws near, more people may realise and put theirs up for sale. Means two things - the price may come down (supply and demand) and folk on here who missed out may get a chance to go AND still afford to eat that month.

If this is true, then it really leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Perhaps I have too much faith ...I know that throught the years of going to Elbow gigs, all the people who love Elbow, that I've met along the way, wouldn't rip each other off, they would look out for each other.

I'm afraid if this trend of ridiculous re-selling of elbow concert tickets continues, it puts an end to most of us ever being able to afford to go and see our favourite band again.

Those that are falling into the trap of buying off ebay are just feeding the demise No

I dont see the prices falling....if anything there choosing the 'buy it now' option, for a quick kill!
£695

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Tickets-ELBOW-and-the-HALLE-BRIDGEWATER-HALL-ROW-D_W0QQitemZ370186222614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item370186222614&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

£499.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Tickets-ELBOW-and-the-HALLE-BRIDGEWATER-HALL-08-07_W0QQitemZ180345661393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item180345661393&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

£999

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-FRONT-ROW-Elbow-Tickets-Bridgewater-Hall_W0QQitemZ220392012736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item220392012736&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 F3c1_1

one of the elbow touts avatar on ebay
an ironic smile.

Last edited by lucky with disease on Sun 12 Apr 2009, 11:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An evening with Guy Garvey!   An evening with Guy Garvey! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An evening with Guy Garvey!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next