elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!

Go down 
+5
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
Jones
al
mrswoman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Empty
PostSubject: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 14:00

Cheers for the good wishes for Mr W's recovery, wth updated gory details here.

Seeing as we've two standing tickets for Wembley going spare, we thought it might be nicer and more fun to give them away via a draw for devoted fans & Elbow Room forum members, rather than pass them to mates who might be available but not appreciate the night as much Very Happy.

Here's the craic:
1. Before entering the draw, please be 100% sure you can get down to Wembley for Saturday night. It'd be a shame for someone to get them, then not be able to use them because they couldn't get the lift they were promised, time off work, right trains etc.

2. The draw closes at Midnight Wednesday 11th March. This is so I can Special Delivery them to the winner the next day/Thursday morning and they'll arrive Friday before 1pm, so if you win I'll text you for an address where you'll be to receive them (work, parents etc).

3. To enter, just email me via the link on my profile, so I have your username. I also need your mobile phone number so if you win I can text you and get your address either late on Weds night or earlier-on Thursday morning.

4. The winner will be picked by me on Weds night in the time honoured method; writing down all entered usernames on bits of paper, then picking one at random from a hat/bowl/paper bag. If for some reason the first person drawn out doesn't get back to me with an address by 10am Thursday, I'll pick out a back-up person, assuming more than one person enters! So, if you're interested, please keep your mobile nearby Weds night/Thursday am. Smile

Hopefully MT & Dabamash are up for this, but thought I'd best post this ASAP to give people a chance. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 14:36

After glancing at train prices (and wincing!) there's really no reasonable way Sarah and I would be able to go, sniff. This is a great idea though, and so generous of both of you to give your tickets to people who will really appreciate them! People like me and sarah, bloody bills and stupid overpriced train tickets..
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 15:20

Cheers Al: Shame Mr Branson is asking too many readies for the journey, but if things change & you can go, let me know and I'll put you &/or Sarah in the hat.
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 15:23

Well Sarah's still at work, if she comes home after finding a wallet in the street I'll definitely let you know Wink
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 16:59

What a fantastic idea and how kind of you!
Youz are little stars, ye know!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 17:16

Stickied. Good Luck all, I can't enter cos I'm working that night Sad
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 15:53

I would enter, but i'm unable to go on the weekend, good luck to everyone who is entering.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 16:15

Oh you're great, but I'm from Germany... :-S
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 23:38

ElbowFreak wrote:

Must admit I've never been abroad just for a gig, but if you know someone near London, plus enough spare time and money to come over, would it be worth having a go, EF? Smile Like Peter Gabriel once sang, 'Games Without Frontiers' Wink

And for anyone else half-tempted...roll up, roll up, just over 24 hours to go.
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 23:46

I REALLY want to enter this draw but cant get time off, was thinking of doing a 'sickie' but cant get my beloved to do the same-damn his principles. But wanted to say what an extremely generous thing to do Mrs Woman, I hope Mr W is well very soon. They say 'what goes around comes around' so something lovely is sure to happen to you soon.
Back to top Go down
holmes73
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009, 13:40

Mrs W (and Mr W), you're both absolute blooming stars! Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.phocus-images.co.uk
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009, 14:40

mrswoman wrote:
ElbowFreak wrote:

Must admit I've never been abroad just for a gig, but if you know someone near London, plus enough spare time and money to come over, would it be worth having a go, EF? Smile Like Peter Gabriel once sang, 'Games Without Frontiers' Wink

And for anyone else half-tempted...roll up, roll up, just over 24 hours to go.

Unfortunatelly I haven't eiter one of those... No
Btw. I love that PG song!! Very Happy Jeux sans frontiers...
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009, 16:35

ElbowFreak wrote:

You're not alone, EF: No Are you off to any of the German festivals or big gigs in summer instead?

As you'll have already guessed, the lucky winner was holmes73, a 'long-time listener, first-time caller' on the forum. Smile
Cheers to those who had a go as well. Have a great gig holmes!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009, 18:33

What a really nice thing to do, hope the lucky gent enjoys the gig !
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009, 20:38

mrswoman wrote:
ElbowFreak wrote:

You're not alone, EF: No Are you off to any of the German festivals or big gigs in summer instead?

As you'll have already guessed, the lucky winner was holmes73, a 'long-time listener, first-time caller' on the forum. Smile
Cheers to those who had a go as well. Have a great gig holmes!

Not not really. But I'm not into festivals and camping! Shocked For these reasons there's MTV! Very Happy They broadcast a few live concerts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!   Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quickie 2-day Forum Giveaway Draw for 2x Standing tickets for Wembley!
Page 1 of 1