elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Llandudno

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2009, 19:14

One of my friends can't come - does anyone need a ticket for tomorrow night? (Face value). The best thing would be to meet us there (too late for posting). PM me if you're interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 23:20

Talking at gigs should be a hanging offence.

Starlings
Bones Of You
Mirrorball
Leaders of the Free World
The Stops
Mexican Standoff
Any Day Now
Grounds For Divorce
Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver
Newborn
Switching Off
Weather To Fly
One Day Like This
------------------------------------
Some Riot
Station Approach
Scattered Black and Whites
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 08:29

What a wonderful night! My 7th Elbow gig and I think the best so far (and not just because Guy kissed my hand during ODLT Laughing ). The music was wonderful as ever, and as ever I love the way they put it over that they're totally into what they're doing, that sense of excitement and sometimes as if they still almost can't believe they're up there doing it. I hope they never lose that down-to-earthness. I can echo everyone's comments about the quality of the music and some great banter from Guy (especially when they stopped Mirrorball halfway through as he noticed Pete's bass wasn't coming through so had to give us some "spontaneous frontmanship" while it got fixed. Smile So I guess the setlist should be kind of Mirroball x 1½ Smile) I also got a warm feeling of nostalgia that they got the original video backdrops out for the few songs off the first two albums .

takemeanywhere wrote:
Talking at gigs should be a hanging offence.
I totally agree. However I'm glad to say this time we were fortunate not to have any gassers anywhere near us (sorry if we sold you a duff ticket Wink ). I've just been reading the Blackpool comments and was dreading it after several bad "talker" experiences myself at recent gigs, but this one was great (the singer of The Acorn (who were also excellent btw) actually commented what a respectful audience this was) - there was hush in the quieter moments (even Scattered was allowed to fade away beautifully at the end) and we had "the time of our lives" at others.

One day like this a year will see me right... sunny
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 10:50

Glendarian wrote:
What a wonderful night! My 7th Elbow gig and I think the best so far (and not just because Guy kissed my hand during ODLT Laughing ).
Very Happy
Yea, I know that great feeling too...he kissed mine in Cologne... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 12:48

Glendarian wrote:
I also got a warm feeling of nostalgia that they got the original video backdrops out for the few songs off the first two albums .

They were still working on that on the first few gigs of this tour... we just got a bit on 'Any Day Now' and 'Switching Off so looking forward to seeing how its all presented at Wembley; a different undertaking.
I've just found a short old video clip I had of part of 'Any Day Now' from a few years ago.. and compared... loving the treatment of it I've seen recently Very Happy, the Meltdown version, and the one I saw last week, that had real attitude.

See you got welsh flags, Glendarian jocolor just to get the same treatment as Glasgow, this time last year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 12:57

Well the only other "nostaligc backdrop video" apart from the ones you mentioned was Scattered B&W which was lovely. :-) They were the only "golden oldies" in any case -I don't think they had a video backdrop back then for Newborn did they? I particularly enjoyed seeing the Switching Off lighthouse again. Any Day Now was indeed wonderful. :-)

You've got me wondering how different Wembley will be from the rest of the tour; either way I'll probably regret not splashing out and going.

Hehe the Welsh flags were indeed a lovely surprise. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dobz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 23:06

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

What a fantastic night - it was the best gig I have ever been to. Absolutely superb, brilliant and unforgettable.

Glendarian wrote:
The music was wonderful as ever, and as ever I love the way they put it over that they're totally into what they're doing, that sense of excitement and sometimes as if they still almost can't believe they're up there doing it. I hope they never lose that down-to-earthness. I can echo everyone's comments about the quality of the music and some great banter from Guy (especially when they stopped Mirrorball halfway through as he noticed Pete's bass wasn't coming through so had to give us some "spontaneous frontmanship" while it got fixed. Smile
:

Totally agree with you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Llandudno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llandudno   Llandudno Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Llandudno
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: