elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blackpool

Go down 
+16
nikkijaydee
fadeupyoursmile
bluefield
TamedLamia
shandylegs
Jones
josephblack
Fancy Pants
ElbowFreak
nellie
sparky
JOANNE
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
evilpixie
Prestwich Red 143
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 11:49

munchkin wrote:
The main reason being I haven't been in the best of health so wasn't sure how I would be feeling.
Maybe you were in a quite similar situation like I was in 2005. I am really glad that the Elbows weren't sold out then because I could not be sure if I can go at all. I can really understand how angry you are, that you could not get a ticket because some stupid wannabe-fans got them instead Sad
So maybe Elbow should relase as next record some more experimental stuff (how about some noise attacks like the ending of Newborn again?) to scare off the posers... pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 20:07

I was at the Blackpool gig (with my fellow elbowies) and I had such a great time. Being right at the front and center I didn't notice any talking, but my friends said they heard it where they were. We think it's just newbies who only wait for GFD and ODLT and then get bored with the rest. Pretty despicable. I really noticed it at the second Manchester Apollo show. Really horrible people there (and I was still front and center). Why people go to the trouble to buy tickets for a band, get there early enough for good places and then f****ing TALK through it never ceases to amaze me.

I would just like to take this moment to salute the camaraderie and loyalty of die-hard Elbow fans. We may be focusing on the jerks who do their best to spoil the night, but the spirit of Elbow shines through in those cool, steadfast and true fans who really make these shows events and gatherings rather than merely just shows. Thanks again to lovely elbowie Kim for getting me Guy's setlist. I see it and it reminds me that Elbow fans - true Elbow fans - are the best. xxx
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 20:10

Oh, and munchkin, I hope you are better now and look forward to seeing you at future Elbow shows. Take care.
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009, 17:46

sundaygirl wrote:
Oh, and munchkin, I hope you are better now and look forward to seeing you at future Elbow shows. Take care.

Aw thankyou. Whenever their next UK tour is on I will definitely be there.
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009, 20:41

Hello all
This is my first post Very Happy I just wanted to say that I've seen Elbow 4 times now and my theory is that the closer to Manchester you are the less well-behaved the crowd! I was at the Blackpool gig and at the Apollo on 30th October. The latter was full of p*ssed up chatterboxes (I so felt for poor Jesca Hoop that night) and Blackpool wasn't much better. Having said that the general atmosphere was brilliant. My other two gigs were De Montfort last October and Sheffield this month. De Montfort was amazing - I kind of prefer the quieter type of crowd - it just feels right for lovely Elbow.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 15:13

You klnow I think you may be right about the closer you get to Manchester the ruder the audience. Which makes it worse. You'd think it'd be the other way. But I also saw them at Leeds and the crowd were FANTASTIC! The Second Apollo show the audience was appalling, and some horrible City fan kept shouting out "BLUE MOON" and threatened to thump me for looking at her when she was babbling over Jesca Hoop's set. It's a crying shame.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 16:28

Good thing i'm in scotland, then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 18:15

sundaygirl wrote:
But I also saw them at Leeds and the crowd were FANTASTIC!

That's cos us people from Leeds are fantastic!! Wink
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 19:03

TRUE!!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 06:47

I've seen them in Manchester a few times....Ritz, Uni, Academy, Apollo and the crowds have always been fantastic. I've been that much into the music though, I've never heard anyone gabbing away as I always sing every word. It's a shame that people's enjoyment gets spoiled though.

Personally, would I prefer a reverential crowd or a boisterous one ? it would be a mixture !
Back to top Go down
Bunts
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 09:04

Not sure how this site is with bootlegs so apologies if i've called this wrong but there's a terrific live recording of the Blackpool gig on Dimeadozen, it could almost be a professional live recording it's that clear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blackpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackpool
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2