elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Evil
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark Empty
PostSubject: Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark   Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 15:43

Guy Garvey must be one of the coolest dudes on the planet, because apart from the Bunnymen, one of Rozi Plain's songs was on his playlist on a radio show. He would be THE coolest dude on the planet if he played the Chameleons as well, but I suppose being lead singer in a band about equivalent is good enough.
I have become obsessed with Rozi's song "Stolen Shark"-I wonder what she was thinking of when she thought that up? Some of her songs pour on a bit too much sugar-she does not have the virile approach of Siouxie or PJ Harvey-but when she shows some aggression she is something else, that song in particular is really strange and funny as the awful story unfolds with her sounding vulnerable yet detached at the same time. I wonder what a really rocking and aggressive post punk psychedelic version of this song would sound like?
Back to top Go down
Wirralgir1
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark   Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 18:09

Not sure if there's anyone here who would find this info useful - Rozi Plain is touring the US with The Pictish Trail and Vikling Moses, first gig tomorrow(10th) in Brooklyn, NYC, New York.

She's also playing SXSW, and carrying on the tour afterwards.
All the dates/details are at:

www.myspace.com/pictishtrail

I'm a huge fan of the Fence Collective ; anyone else going to the Homegame in April ?

WG
Back to top Go down

Rozi Plain-Stolen Shark
Page 1 of 1