elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grace Under Pressure

Go down 
+11
Cestriansteve
ChrissieInFL
TamedLamia
leespoons
Misspelt Yoof
evilpixie
fadeupyoursmile
Jonny
MagicalTrevor
bluefield
Leo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 09:44

I really miss it being in the set list...
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 19:41

I love Grace Under Pressure. Hearing the Youth Orchestra sing it at the Halle gigs was amazing. A beautiful moment that brought tears to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 13:31

I would rather sing along to GUP than ODLT. I actually skip past ODLT now I just don't like it anymore, far too much overkill.

GUP has grown on me and is now one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
jakiamena
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 22:02

I think GUP is one of the best older songs of theirs, I really like it! But agree the whilstle / scream towards the end is annoying!
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 17:46

Damn I had never noticed the whistle until it was mentioned. Now it does my head in when I hear it!!
Back to top Go down
Steveissteve
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 12:55

I like the scream, can't say why though. Sits nicely with the kazoo in flying dream i guess.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 13:04

I have come up with a little prototype design of a tattoo that I would actually love to get, if I wasn't such a giant wussy. But it has my favorite lines from GUP (We still believe in love, etc...Very Happy ) and a tribal heart, which basically says it all for me. I wish I wasn't such a weenie because I would love to take that sentiment with me everywhere I go and share it with the world! Probably wouldn't be too helpful when I had to go to parent-teacher conferences or meetings with my bank manager, but there you go... Laughing
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 13:39

I listen to Garrison Keillor's "Writer's Almanac" podcast every day, and today's episode mentions the origins of the phrase "Grace Under Pressure."

And it's a surprising origin, too! I would not have expected it from that particular writer.

I'll leave you in suspense. Check out the Writer's Almanac website here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grace Under Pressure   Grace Under Pressure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grace Under Pressure
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2