elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello. I'm VERY late finding you

Go down 
AuthorMessage
simond9x
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2024-05-29

Hello. I'm VERY late finding you Empty
PostSubject: Hello. I'm VERY late finding you   Hello. I'm VERY late finding you Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jun 2024, 10:59

Hi,

I'm very late finding this forum. In fact, I've been very late finding elbow! Whilst an avid music listener, I'd never even heard of them 2 years ago. I live in Lytham St Annes and, every Summer, we have a music festival. Two years ago, my friends said "Come on, we'll go and see elbow.... they're really good!" I'd never heard of them but Badly Drawn Boy was a support act and I like his stuff so I went along. It was a great evening - Badly Drawn Boy then Richard Hawley then elbow came on. Immediately it started, the sound and the atmosphere went up several gears. I have to say they blew me away although I didn't recognise any of the songs. I was probably the only one because 20,000 other people were singing along to them all. When they did 'One Day Like This', my friends said "Surely you recognise this one?!" Nope!

Since then, I've been deep-diving into their catalogue. A couple of weeks ago, I went to see them at the Manchester Co-op Arena. This time I knew the songs, even the new ones. I thought they were magnificent. How on earth I've missed them for 30 years I have no idea.

I've been digging around and found other excellent shows they've done. I was particularly impressed with their show at Jodrell Bank in 2012 which I found on YouTube. Unfortunately, it runs out long before the end. I'd buy the official release but I no longer have any equipment to play CDs and DVDs (I stream for hard drives). I realise that it probably runs against everything on this site, but could any kind soul point me to the rest of the show please? I'd love to see the complete show.

Looking at the dates of recent posts, I've probably missed the boat here as everyone seem sto have migrated. But, I'm glad to have found you.

Cheers,
Simon
Back to top Go down

Hello. I'm VERY late finding you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: