elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Public Service Broadcasting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Public Service Broadcasting Empty
PostSubject: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2015, 09:39

any PSB fans round here? their second album the race for space is due for release this month and i would recommend any elbow fans check out what they're doing... combines many elements of what is great about elbows music but without the dulcet tones of mr guy garvey, unless mr garvey lived 50 years ago and voiced public service broadcasts...

google youtube for their latest single 'gagarin', or 'spitfire' from their first album... the original war rooms ep is worth a spin too....
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2015, 10:18

Saw PSB at the Deershed Festival last year. Excellent live with an audio / visual thing going on

New album is good too. I'm a fan
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 17:28

Not been on the forum for a bit and came on to talk about the new Guy Garvey album but while I'm here........

Going to see Public Service Broadcasting in Liverpool on 19th November
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 18:17

sparky wrote:
Not been on the forum for a bit and came on to talk about the new Guy Garvey album but while I'm here........

Going to see Public Service Broadcasting in Liverpool on 19th November

should be good, they were excellent when they toured earlier in the year... where they playing in liverpool? they picked a pokey former night club in newcastle and sold it out easily - wished they'd played a decent venue. the new stuff worked really well, including a live brass section for a certain song! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2015, 21:41

They are at the O2 Academy. A reasonable size.
I saw them at the deershed festival a couple of years ago and I'm looking forward to this one.

The brass section were in evidence for a certain song on the Edith Bowman show (The Quay Sessions) recently. Very impressive and you can still see it on the bbc iplayer
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2015, 15:58

I have seen them earlier this year and it was an amazing gig and made me laugh and cry. Laugh, because the cute way, they introduced the songs and cry, because "Valentina" made me quite nostalgic about that brave woman, who made it to space among all those men... Smile
Was not sure, if it is ok to do headbanging to the slightly frightning "Signal 30", but because I am a good driver and no one would have to scream "LET ME OUT OF THAT CAR!!!!" panically....Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Broadcasting   Public Service Broadcasting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Public Service Broadcasting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: