elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blaise83
fallen angel
fallen angel
blaise83

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Empty
PostSubject: Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14   Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Sep 2014, 00:13

Hi guys,
being a (newborn) member of the forum I MUST share with you something about the Italian gig of our boys.
A ten-hour trip (damn the traffic!) to Florence was worth every minute.
I reached the venue in the afternoon since I had never been there before and I wanted to explore the place: well, the Cavea was completely opened, nobody was there yet and I was able to get in: the crew was working and I immediately noticed Mark soundchecking; just turned my head and Guy was climbing the huge marble staircase: I couldn't believe it. Here's a picture to let you understand how the place was:

Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Img_0411

and how the view from the top of the Cavea was:

Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Img_0412

What a bunch of extraordinary people they are! Both Mark and Guy were extremely kind (true gentlemen!): I had the chance to chat with them for a while (although my synapses did not work properly...and you can easily understand why Wink ), take a picture and my copy of TTOALOE signed by the whole band and attend the rehearsal. I still can't believe it happened!
The gig was beyond imagination: no stage, so no filter between us. I sat next to a lovely family coming from Kingston upon Thames (if I remember well) and the mum couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the venue! There was such an astonishing atmosphere around, as we were all children finding out their gifts under the Christmas tree for the first time!
I still treasure every single note/word/glance of the evening and I'm pretty sure a concert like that will be hard to beat. I could go on talking for hours and hours on the wave of enthusiasm but I don't want to bother you too much. I'll leave you one of the videos my sister recorded, just to let you sneak a peak:

This is LUV. Full stop!

P.S.: hope my English is understandable... otherwise I beg your pardon Wink .
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14   Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Sep 2014, 06:29

Hi mate, those pictures are just wonderful - I've visited Italy a few times, never Florence though, and it's an adorable country steeped in history.

To have seen Elbow in such a picturesque setting must've been an absolute treat.

Thanks for sharing, always great to hear from non UK Elbow devotees !
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14   Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2014, 15:00

Oh my gosh...this gig was one I had truly wished I could go to. Not that I had any shot of ever doing so, but if I there was such a thing as a dream gig come true, this one would've been it for me. I am so glad to read the account of what it was like, and to see the photos. Thanks for sharing, blaise83! Smile

Side note: Florence is the most beautiful, wonderful place I have ever traveled to in my life. My daughter is a direct result of that visit, and she is named Gina after the restaurant we ate in on our last night there (Mamma Gina's). Not that naming a kid after a restaurant is a good thing, by any means, but considering the fact that the wonderful meal (and the wine - honestly, mainly the wine) we had that evening probably contributed to her creation, it seemed a fair enough idea. Laughing
Back to top Go down
blaise83
fallen angel
fallen angel
blaise83

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14   Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Sep 2014, 01:17

Hi Chrissie,
I completely agree with you: Florence is a truly stunning place (and you've chosen a nice name for your daughter, very "diva")!
I wish all Elbow fans to have the chance to enjoy a gig like that at least once in a lifetime, although facing Mr. Guy Edward John Garvey who sings his lyrics looking straight into your eyes could be seriously dangerous for anyone's heart health;)
Anyway, all the guys seemed to be very relaxed and joyful (we also celebrated Pete's birthday, which was on the following Thursday -this time for real...-)
Just to give some more details, I add the setlist of the evening (no surprises, but I will never moan about anything happened that night!):

This Blue World- Slow Moving Water intro
Charge
The Bones of You
Fly Boy Blue / Lunette
Real Life (Angel)
The Night Will Always Win
New York Morning
The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver
Great Expectations
Scattered Black and Whites
Mirrorball
The Birds
Grounds for Divorce
My Sad Captains
encore:
Lippy Kids
One Day Like This

Crying or Very sad bring that minute back Crying or Very sad
Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14   Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2014, 23:06

Wow what a fab bit of filming there. Looked like a very special evening and in Florence too, a beautiful city. I think watching that Guy would melt anyone's heart!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14   Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow @ Cavea Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera, Florence 25/8/14
Page 1 of 1