elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Empty
PostSubject: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2014, 18:39

Making their US Tonight Show debut this Friday, y'all! I am hoping for the best, though it worries me that they spelled Pete's name wrong on the Tonight Show website (Pete Turne - seriously?). I hope Fallon's more competent than that, because I do not want to see them squeezed off the show like they were with Letterman a few years back. I will be livid, y'all! If I've gotta sit through Drew Barrymore and Giovanni Ribisi then it better be worth my while. I'm warning you, Fallon - don't mess with ELBOW!  Evil or Very Mad 

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/filters/guests/5586
Back to top Go down
n0n0k0
fallen angel
fallen angel
n0n0k0

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2014, 23:55

I will be up watching eagerly. It's way past my bedtime (old fart that I am). I agree, they had better not get bumped!
Back to top Go down
http://lastfm.com/user/n0n0k0
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2014, 17:06

Yeah, as you know, I'm an old, so I may end up slapping this one on the DVR instead of waiting up to watch it live. Fast forward and rewind would probably be good things to have for this occasion, I suspect!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2014, 18:01

OK, I have told everyone I know to watch the show tonight. I'm feeling stupidly excited for this, for some reason! Hope they get something positive out of their appearance, it's about bloody time they managed to get onto a national TV show over here! Between getting bumped by Letterman and being cut out of NBC's Olympics coverage when they were performing at the closing ceremonies, I think American telly has treated them in a simply deplorable manner. Hopefully tonight we can fix that a little bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
n0n0k0
fallen angel
fallen angel
n0n0k0

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2014, 20:42

I'm excited, too, Chrissie! Like a goob I wore my concert tee to work today, and I've been shamelessly promoting their appearance on FB.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://lastfm.com/user/n0n0k0
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeSat 17 May 2014, 16:19

Lovely performance of New York Morning on last night's show. Also found a little "web exclusive" on the Tonight Show site, featuring Guy and Craig (though poor Craig never said a word during the segment). It explains how they came up with the lyrics and music for New York Morning, and I liked Guy's description of how the musical line that runs through the song is meant to represent the NY skyline. For anyone who's interested, here ya go:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/6251
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeSat 17 May 2014, 17:02

I intended to watch it last night and instead woke up halfway through the Seth Meyers show. A resounding success indeed..
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014, 16:07

Kiresg wrote:
I intended to watch it last night and instead woke up halfway through the Seth Meyers show. A resounding success indeed..

Aww! Hope you've managed to find it on demand or something. If not, here's the performance on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/637644
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitimeTue 27 May 2014, 22:03

just watched their live performance, looks pretty awesome... i guess that was seen by one or two peeps...

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/elbow-new-york-morning/2782982
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon   Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow on The Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon
Page 1 of 1