elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow to headline Glastonbury

Go down 
+3
Jones
errant
Panja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Panja
newborn
newborn
Panja

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-20

Elbow to headline Glastonbury Empty
PostSubject: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jan 2014, 10:33

Nailed on!

Arena tour and European festival appearances end on the day the gates open at Worthy Farm. With Guy already stating that his favourite three words are "Good evening Glastonbury" I can't see how the invite won't be in the post.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 09:33

headline on the main stage, or the other stage though?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 11:41

I would say the other stage...
As much as I love elbow and as much as I think they deserve all the recognition in the world, I'm just not sure if they (at this point) have the general mass-appeal of say: Bruce Springsteen, U2, Jay-Z...
I would love to see them headlining on the main stage and I will gladly eat my words if they do but it's all about catering for the masses, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Panja
newborn
newborn
Panja

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 05:49

Neither it would seem. Announced that they are appearing at Worthy farm again but on the undercard, again..
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2014, 20:25

Just finished watching our boys on the online live stream - lovely job! Nice to see there was a break in the rain for them. Well done lads, wish I could have been there! Or maybe not. I am still fairly mud-free at the moment, and I have hot food and a working toilet (with bog roll!) at my disposal. Perhaps I can't complain after all.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Lozzmeister
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2014, 20:29

Thank christ for that live stream... makes a big difference when you can 'feel' the sunset at the same time as they do.
Bang on performance tonight and watching the reprise on BBC4 now... brilliant
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014, 10:31

caught up this morning with Glasto set. Enjoyed it as always.
Had a tear in my eye for some reason - maybe i'm just hitting that Sad Captain age myself or just wishing I was there.

Pete's INXS Listen Like Thieves tour t-shirt was a major blast from the past - loved that album (showing my age now  Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2014, 16:39

Guy forgot his words 2 or 3 times !

Band sounded great and Pete's hat was the highlight of the set for me - he looked very cool.

And they played under a Glastonbury sunset  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to headline Glastonbury   Elbow to headline Glastonbury Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow to headline Glastonbury
Page 1 of 1