elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Live at the Olympics?

Go down 
+15
Lynne
lambfan
Eag
heshofcheese
mrswoman
TinTin
ticky
hilaryg
ElbowFreak
JessieAddick
NeonChoir
Kim
Molly
HattyMarris
errant
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Elbow Live at the Olympics? Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 13:35

Have been listening to the Radcliffe & Maconie 6music show on the iplayer… playing catchup! Story from last week was that the stones will appear at the closing ceremony, in the Olympic stadium (not to be confused with the Blur lead Hyde Park Gig). They mentioned Oasis (less Noel) would also be performing, although all the acts have to pre-record as its technically impossible for everyone to play live…

As a throw comment, maconie mentions a string of other acts appearing, including Elbow?! I’ve not seen this anywhere else? Had anyone else heard this?
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 15:00

I saw a news article about this last week, apparently they're performing One Day Like This & Open Arms Smile
Back to top Go down
Molly
fallen angel
fallen angel
Molly

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 08:33

I also read something the other day (on the BBC website) about elbow in the opening ceremony, I think it was something along the lines of them doing one day like this as the countries start walking round (that bit could be wrong so don't quote me on that) but then I went back to find the link to put in on here but after a while of looking I think it must have been taken down Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:27

Wargh... I'd give anything to get tickets to the closing ceremony!!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 13:19

____molly____ wrote:
I also read something the other day (on the BBC website) about elbow in the opening ceremony, I think it was something along the lines of them doing one day like this as the countries start walking round (that bit could be wrong so don't quote me on that) but then I went back to find the link to put in on here but after a while of looking I think it must have been taken down Smile

The opening ceremony has been running through full dress technical rehearsals the last two nights… the twitter lines of the elbow boys doesn’t suggest they’ve been in London working on the opening ceremony… if they are, expect to see craig explaining some odd things to his kids… ;-)
Back to top Go down
Molly
fallen angel
fallen angel
Molly

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 13:59

errant wrote:
____molly____ wrote:

The opening ceremony has been running through full dress technical rehearsals the last two nights… the twitter lines of the elbow boys doesn’t suggest they’ve been in London working on the opening ceremony… if they are, expect to see craig explaining some odd things to his kids… ;-)

Yeah I think ive confused myself somewhere along the line, and realised after I posted it, woops sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 04:28

Closing ceremony, eh? I'll be on the lookout for that. Seeing how nice the opening ceremony was, I imagine the closing ceremony will be just as nice. ^_^
Back to top Go down
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 03:57

Saw this yesterday:
Elbow Live at the Olympics? Ay2IK3iCUAEhD6i

Not sure if it's the confirmed line-up...Fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 09:13

That would be awesone!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 18:18

Weird, I thought Muse were going to be playing Survival at the closing ceremony, seeing as it's the official song.

Makes sense that Elbow are playing those two though. Would have been awesome if they could have had the beeb orchestra and NovaVox on with them to do First Steps, but with that many artists already on the bill I guess it would be a nightmare logistically-speaking.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 07:19

Kim wrote:
Weird, I thought Muse were going to be playing Survival at the closing ceremony, seeing as it's the official song.

Makes sense that Elbow are playing those two though. Would have been awesome if they could have had the beeb orchestra and NovaVox on with them to do First Steps, but with that many artists already on the bill I guess it would be a nightmare logistically-speaking.

the 6music thing that started it off for me claimed oasis (less noel) were on... there not gonna be live either, its recorded 'as live' then mimed... according to maconie's piece its because it has to have fast thru put of acts which would be impossible logistically if all bands are 'live'...
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2012, 23:47

I note that Craig has tweeted yesterday that he s in london til Sunday. I added two and two and headed over here to see what's up. Hope the coverage of the closing cermony in the US is better th n the opening!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 07:25

hilaryg wrote:
I note that Craig has tweeted yesterday that he s in london til Sunday. I added two and two and headed over here to see what's up. Hope the coverage of the closing cermony in the US is better th n the opening!

on his timeline he's mentioned olympic rehearsals and meeting george michael... how the boys have come so far... :-D
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Aug 2012, 17:30

Aaaaah! I'm so ecxited (and I just can't hide it....) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 17:09

Can't wait for tonight! What time do you think they'll be on?
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 17:41

Same here. Smile

No clue! Surprise surprise. Very Happy
I hope that this is an international career boost for them. That would be so great.

Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 19:08

Can't wait to hear the boys tonight , wish they were on last no one could do a better finale. They deserved to get the recognition for their amazing song. Can't believe how often they played chariots of fire ! Well done everyone for an amazing British Olympic Bonanza ! cheers
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 19:36

ticky wrote:
Can't wait for tonight! What time do you think they'll be on?
Someone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about on Twitter said the athletes will be marching in to ODLT, so guessing a third to halfway in? Maybe about 10 ish?
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 20:35

They're on!

Open Arms!
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 20:38

ODLT now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 20:43

Wow, that's wonderful for the Elbowmen Smile
Back to top Go down
lambfan
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 20:45

Absolute joy. If they turned off the torch now it'd be the most complete enjoyment of an olympics ever. Serious icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 20:47

Best performance so far - absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 21:13

Well, if some of you follow Twitter you probably know by now that I heared nothing. Can't even tell you how pissed I am!!!
Thanks for YouTube tomorrow. Neutral
Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012, 22:00

Sorry to be a party pooper but elbow were amazing but the coverage was crap..They were completely talked over and hardly shown even when they were finishing .everyone else hogging the limelight raging ! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live at the Olympics?   Elbow Live at the Olympics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Live at the Olympics?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next