elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Admiral Fallow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Admiral Fallow Empty
PostSubject: Admiral Fallow   Admiral Fallow Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012, 14:37

Admiral Fallow, a Scottish band, sees the release of their second album, Tree Bursts in Snow, next week.

I've been a Fallow fan since they called themselves "The Brother Louis Collective," and I love their first album, Boots Met My Face. (The side-project album by The Moth & The Mirror, Honestly, This World, is excellent, too.)

The BBC's review makes a favorable comparison to Elbow: "the Glaswegian quintet are the scene’s most thoughtful brand of emo-scaping, more concerned with simmering space and dynamics than outright brow-beating. The opening title(ish)-track surges and slow-burns like prime Elbow; Guy Garvey is a Fallow fan, and there’s indeed something Garvey-like about singer-guitarist Louis Abbott. But it’s still smaller-scale, tense, and all the better for its restraint."

The whole album can be heard here. And this is the video of "The Paper Trench":

Good stuff, if you like Scottish indie. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Admiral Fallow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admiral Fallow   Admiral Fallow Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012, 09:25

We saw these guys support The Low Anthem in Leeds a few months ago....very impressive
Thanks for the reminder.......Will check out the new album
Back to top Go down

Admiral Fallow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: