elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's "NOT TO GET" ??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
seamiedev
little beast
little beast
seamiedev

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-10-31

What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Empty
PostSubject: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 16:22

Ever get the "I just don't get Elbow" comment from friends ??, Im not sure what's "to get" exactly, they write, record and perform music, you either like it or not - not really hard to get is it ??
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Nov 2011, 17:55

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 07:44

seamiedev wrote:
Ever get the "I just don't get Elbow" comment from friends ??, Im not sure what's "to get" exactly, they write, record and perform music, you either like it or not - not really hard to get is it ??

if only it was so simple... i have many friends who's opinions of music i respect but whom on the fringes of musical taste things differ. its one of the great things about music fans... a very close friend who's as equally a huge elbow fan as myself has been banging on to me about the horrors about how good they are, but i just don't 'get them'... it just comes down to musical taste at the end of the day and if 'everyone' got elbow then they'd be knocking on U2's door i suppose...

the ones i'm more worried about, are the ones who don't get music in general... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 08:56

It's art and therefore completely subjective. Some people don't 'get' Rothko or Bjork or a Metallica/Lou Reed collaboration (I'm with them on that last one BTW).

Don't think you can proselytize about this band or that (not that I think you were seamiedev). I'm just grateful that they're here, making great music and touring.

Back to top Go down
seamiedev
little beast
little beast
seamiedev

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-10-31

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 20:51

Cozzer wrote:
Metallica/Lou Reed collaboration (I'm with them on that last one BTW).

it's pretty brutal alright that one ....................
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 09:53

Well, famous ol' Goethe said 250 yrs ago
"If you don't feel it you won't hunt it down!"

Lots of Pink Floyd-Fans adore "The Great Gig in the Sky" but I dislike it, though it was written by my fave Floydie...
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:26

TamedLamia wrote:
Well, famous ol' Goethe said 250 yrs ago
"If you don't feel it you won't hunt it down!"

Lots of Pink Floyd-Fans adore "The Great Gig in the Sky" but I dislike it, though it was written by my fave Floydie...

the best thing about music is that its horses for courses... i'm in the camp of pre-tssk being my as yet prefered group of elbow cd's... however, a topic i know your close to would be the genesis analogy of pre or post gabe leaving genesis splitting the fans musically. thankfully its not unique to elbow! and the good thing is that in my expereince time chagnes things... for years i never *got* the beatles white album, not its probably my personal fav...

horses for courses...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's "NOT TO GET" ??   What's "NOT TO GET" ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's "NOT TO GET" ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: