elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Melody Gardot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
josephblack
friend of ours
friend of ours
josephblack

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 21:26

What a singer!

Saw her on Later...with JH

Went to see her at The Glee Club in Birmingham last night.

A truly awesome talent...see her live
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 21:56

I was very impressed with her on Later, cheers man, will def check her out more now.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitimeMon 07 Feb 2011, 09:53

Time for a thread necro.

I found Gardot on Spotify a few weeks ago. Bought her albums the day after.

She's an amazing person, who's had an interesting life and it shows in her music and expression. If you have spotify, she' definitely worth a look.

Either that, or search for "Worrisome Heart" or "My One and Only Thrill" on Youtube Wink
Back to top Go down
RobAnt
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-27

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 14:02

Shocked I've created a fan site for our "Modern Day Dame" (Melody Gardot) at:

http://www.tinyurls.co.uk/K23168

It is a facebook group page.

I am also creating a petition aimed at Melody's record company (Verve) and producer.

Melody's work is on CD and MP3 download from any number of sources. it is also available on Vinyl. The problem with modern vinyl, though, is that all the copies I've heard have a problem with surface noise, and there is also some question as to the source of modern vinyl - was it created from the standard CD master or from a high resolution master created from the original studio masters?

So the petition requests that her work is available on high resolution, multi-channel, SACD, DVD-Audio or studio master multi-channel high resolution lossless FLAC downloads.

You'll find the petition on my personal website : http://www.ramms.myby.co.uk

Thanks,
Rob
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 15:21

Dabamash wrote:
She's an amazing person, who's had an interesting life and it shows in her music and expression. If you have spotify, she' definitely worth a look.
Oh, god, yes. Smile

I bought her last album on a complete whim, honestly. I was in Borders, they had a display of it, and, to be honest and utterly shallow, I bought it because she looked irrepressibly cute. I didn't know anything about her life story, about the accident that nearly killed her, about how music helped her heal. I didn't even know what genre her music was. For all I knew, I was buying something I absolutely couldn't stand, like country music.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that she was exactly the kind of jazz singer that I adore!

I still haven't bought her first album, but I do have the live iTunes album which is really, really nice.

Fantastic vocal range, great emotional feeling. I've pushed Gardot on a few friends by saying, "If you love Norah Jones, give Gardot a try," but the truth is, Gardot is so much better than Norah Jones that there's no comparison. Gardot's music is just magic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
RobAnt
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-27

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 21:07

Melody's first album is no longer available. "Worrisome Heart" is her second album and "My One and Only Thrill" her third.

She has that "sexy librarian" look, which she admits because she has to wear shades because of the accident she had a few years ago (she was knocked of her bicycle and suffered horrible injuries).

She is helping an American University develop music therapy treatments, which is how she changed the course of her life and discovered her amazing talent.

On my website you can hear some mp3 clips from both Worrisome and Thrill.

To say I am besotted with her image and her music (which isn't just jazz, but includes folk and other elements) is something of an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Melody Gardot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Gardot   Melody Gardot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melody Gardot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: