elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions

Go down 
+12
@MrIanGibson
Atane
Joost
errant
OllieCT
fadeupyoursmile
ChrissyBoy
natalia
Jones
ChrissieInFL
Audrey
oneofthethree
16 posters
AuthorMessage
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Empty
PostSubject: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 09:55

Back to top Go down
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 14:34

Very good news ! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 17:08

Oooooh! Want! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 08:43

Huzzah!
I'll be putting them on my Christmas list! santa
(If I can wait that long... Razz )
Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 15:56

That's fabulous! I wonder if they are planning vinyl versions as well.
Back to top Go down
http://dyingdays.net
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 17:00

hope we get all the b-sides evryone's been craving for santa
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 20:11

If it's B Sides, i'll be buying, i already have the brilliant DVDs, but any elbow is welcome since "the spillage" wiped the carefully curated collection of Elbow goodness on iTunes!
Back to top Go down
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 22:38

When Guy was talking about the Hallé Choir and that bloke who's name I forget going through previous works with the band and re-recording with the choir, do people think perhaps this could be it?

As much as I'd love CDs of B-sides, I'd certainly be intrigued.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 23:32

post-xmas release? ficton and/or v2 musn't be doing it just to cash in then? i assume its along the same lines as the re-release of asleep in the back... hope they keep the names on the inside of cast of thousands, still my claim to fame!!! :-)

Back to top Go down
Joost
fallen angel
fallen angel
Joost

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 16:16

Cast of Thousands:
Quote :
Tracklist

Disk 1
0. DISC 1:
1. Ribcage
2. Fallen Angel
3. Fugitive Motel
4. Snooks (Progress Report)
5. Switching Off
6. Not a Job
7. I've Got Your Number
8. Buttons and Zips
9. Crawling With Idiot
10. Grace Under Pressure
11. Flying Dream 143

Disk 2
0. DISC 2:
1. Intro Cast of Thousands
2. Ribcage [Live From Ancient Belgique] - (live)
3. Fallen Angel [Live From Ancient Belgique] - (live)
4. Fugitive Motel [Live From Ancient Belgique] - (live)
5. Snooks [Live From Ancient Belgique] - (live)
6. I've Got Your Number [Live From Ancient Belgique] - (live)
7. Switching Off [Zane Love Session] - (live)
8. Not a Job [Stuart Maconie Session] - (live)
9. Grace Under Pressure [Zane Lowe Session] - (live)
10. Fugitive Motel [Dermot O'Leary Session] - (live)
11. I've Got Your Number [Colin Murray Session] - (live)

Disk 3
0. DISC 3:
1. Ribcage
2. Fallen Angel
3. Fugitive Motel
4. Snooks (Progress Report)
5. Switching Off
6. Not a Job
7. I've Got Your Number
8. Buttons and Zips
9. Crawling With Idiot
10. Grace Under Pressure [Zane Lowe Session] - (live)
11. Flying Dream 143

Leaders of the Free World
Quote :
CD1 – original album
1 Station Approach
2 Picky Bugger
3 Forget Myself
4 The Stops
5 Leaders of the Free World
6 An Imagined Affair
7 Mexican Standoff
8 The Everthere
9 My Very Best
10 Great Expectations
11 Puncture Repair
CD2
1 intro to "strangeways to holcombe hill in four minutes and twenty seconds"
2 Station Approach (Live from Manchester Apollo)
3 Picky Bugger (Colin Murray session)
4 Forget Myself (Mark Radcliffe session)
5 The Stops (Janice Long session)
6 Leaders of the Free World (Live from Manchester Apollo)
7 McGreggor (Live from Somerset House)
8 Great Expectations (Live from London O2 Arena)
9 Mexican Standoff (Live from Somerset House)
10 The Good Day (Live from Somerset House)
11 Puncture Repair (Live from London O2 Arena)
DVD – The Movie
Station Approach
Mexican Standoff
The Everthere
The Stops
Leaders of the Free World
Picky Bugger
McGreggor
Great Expectations
Forget Myself
Puncture Repair
Back to top Go down
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 15:24

Thank you so much for posting the track-lists for these two reissues.
I'll definitely buy both, as I was afraid the bonus discs might only be a collection of B-sides, that a lot of us already have.

Can't wait!

Regards!
Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:34

Hey Guys, Anyone know if these editions charted. I know my local HMV only had one of each left, saying that, maybe the only got one copy in anyway Razz

DVD's are brill.

Aww ra best

Ian
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 14:59

Cast arrived in the mail on Saturday. Leaders arrived yesterday.

I watched some of the Cast DVD, to compare it to the DVD that came with the CD/DVD edition of Cast, and they're quite different. I liked seeing footage from the band's Cuba tour.

The CDs of live sessions on both sets are nice. The lack of B-sides on these two (and the earlier Asleep in the Back Deluxe) has me wondering if Dead in the Boot is still in the cards. One can hope, anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar 2012, 20:02

allyngibson wrote:
The lack of B-sides on these two (and the earlier Asleep in the Back Deluxe) has me wondering if Dead in the Boot is still in the cards. One can hope, anyway. Smile

Glad you said that for me, I've been thinking that since the tracklist was posted. We can dream, eh? Smile
Back to top Go down
Niftium
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 01:34

Eag wrote:
allyngibson wrote:
The lack of B-sides on these two (and the earlier Asleep in the Back Deluxe) has me wondering if Dead in the Boot is still in the cards. One can hope, anyway. Smile

Glad you said that for me, I've been thinking that since the tracklist was posted. We can dream, eh? Smile

+1

If work for the next album is already underway though, I'm afraid this might get backburner'ed yet again. Sad
Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 23:47

allyngibson wrote:

Guy just said that in a month or so Elbow will release their first B-side collection! It is around 1:34:30 of this week's Finest Hour (08/04/2012). Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://dyingdays.net
osullic
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 13:23

Hi,
Could someone tell me the difference between the DVDs from the limited editions of Cast of Thousands (catalogue number VVR1021810) and Leaders of the Free World (catalogue number VVR1032558), and the DVDs included with the new deluxe editions?
I already have those earlier limited editions, and if the DVDs are too similar, I'd rather pass on these new deluxe editions.
Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 13:53

The Cast DVDs are vastly different between the limited edition and the new deluxe edition. The new DVD has the same kind of visual style, but with entirely different footage. (For instance, I think the deluxe edition is the first time I've seen anything of the band's Cuba tour.)

I haven't watched the deluxe Leaders DVD yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
osullic
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitimeTue 08 May 2012, 09:48

I went ahead and bought the new deluxe editions. I was most interested in the DVDs - but I wasn't sure if they were the same as the DVDs included with the earlier Limited Editions of Cast of Thousands and Leaders of the Free World. I'm just posting this info here in case it helps anyone else.

In fact, the DVDs in the new deluxe editions and those in the original limited editions are not vastly different at all. The films with both albums are pretty much the same, with a few noteworthy differences for Cast of Thousands.

For Cast of Thousands, some of the films for individual tracks have been changed. The films for 'Fallen Angel', 'Snooks (Progress Report)' and 'Switching Off' are now all intercut with some live performance footage. The biggest film differences are for 'Not a Job' and 'Grace Under Pressure'. Previously, the film for 'Not a Job' was just a slideshow of images, now it's a performance of the song filmed in a studio with Guy Garvey and Mark Potter. The film for 'Grace Under Pressure' was previously footage filmed in San Francisco intercut with studio footage, now it's footage filmed while the band were on tour in Cuba.

For Leaders of the Free World, the films for each track are exactly the same as far as I can see, except the timings of the chapter breaks have been altered slightly. In the original version, when the chapter number advanced, you might have had a kind of interlude piece of footage before the song itself began, whereas now, this interlude footage is included as part of the preceding chapter.

Both new DVDs have new menu interfaces, which include the ability to "program" the sequence in which the chapters will be played - not a very useful feature really. The new DVDs also have the option to play the audio from the second CD of the respective deluxe edition. (There are no real videos for these songs - as the audio plays, the picture just shows a slowly-moving image of the album art.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions   Cast of thousands  / Leaders deluxe editions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cast of thousands / Leaders deluxe editions
Page 1 of 1