elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friendly Fires

Go down 
+2
Lynne
Kim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 17:10

Saw these guys at Leeds/Reading 2011 and absolutely loved them, really got the crowd going!

I'm pretty much totally new to their music, having only heard one of their songs before. I've just had a listen to the recorded versions of a few of the songs they played and I have to say they were much more energetic Live to the point of being euphoric, though I suppose I could just be suffering from demoitis. Smile But I will definitely be giving their stuff a thorough listen!

There's a good chunk of their Reading set here. I defy anyone not to love the singer's outrageous dancing, clearly he's enjoying himself. Very Happy http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0147pmr/Reading_and_Leeds_Festival_2011_Friendly_Fires_and_Interpol/
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 07:30

We're off to see them in November at Birmingham Academy, been listening to their albums last couple of months, love the first one the second is taking more of a listen. Nonetheless the dancing has gotta be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 14:07

I love this band. "Pala" is one of my fave albums this year. Great stuff. <3
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 21:48

I like Friendly Fires, they have their own vibe, experimental, thought provoking, great production, not afraid to be different.....and a sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 01:47

They're labeled as "dance punk" on Last.fm/Wiki/the Internet. I'd say that's more true of their self-titled than "Pala." "Pala" has more of a pop flavor to it, I think. It's great, though.
Back to top Go down
alanguy
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-10-29

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 17:52

I agree, they were excellent at the Leeds Festival.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:50

'Pala', great album - TOTALLY not what I thought I'd get into, very retro but in a good way.

Poptastic !Friendly Fires 142326
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:23

They were fab-u-lous at Birmingham. Forgot to post.

So much energy! Only thing a younger crowd and the tallest people in the world stood in front of us, but from what we saw it was fantastic and sounded excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friendly Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Fires   Friendly Fires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendly Fires
Page 1 of 1