elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...

Go down 
+8
Jonny
Calum
Dabamash
ChrissieInFL
Hotblack
MagicalTrevor
Glendarian
leespoons
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Empty
PostSubject: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 09:36

One Day Like This cheers

You never know, this could be their breakthrough single... and despite my reservations about it, it sounds GREAT on the radio Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 11:55

Excellent timing - just as the weather starts getting all summery, a lovely feel-good record, let's hope it does really well.

I have to say, must be my age, I still can't help being worried that one of my top favourite bands is big on Radio 2! Shocked But of course I'm glad for any success they get. Wink
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 11:57

I find myself listening to Radio 2 more and more these days...perhaps it is a sign of age, but I'm just sick to death of all the rubbish rap and R&B on Radio 1. There's nothing new about any of it anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 12:03

I hardly ever listen to the radio these days (if I do it's mainly Radio 4) - as I work at my computer I tend to stick my iTunes library or a playlist on random, or listen to something on Last.fm. It's just that Radio 2 has always had total MOR connotations to me, but I do know it's not as totally cheesy as it used to be, I must shed some prejudices here. I mean Elbow single of the week, it can't be bad after all. Wink
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 12:09

Given Radio 2 has more listeners than Radio 1, making it the UK's most popular Radio station, it is in no way a bad thing at all.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 12:14

Yeah!! .......But............Ken Bruce????? Ugh!! Just be thankful it's not Terry bloody Wogan, Jermy 'utterly inane' Vine or even worse, Steve 'total ar5ewipe' Wright.. That'd be the kiss of death wouldn't it?

Other than R4 and Radcliffe and Maconie, radio is pants.
And although R" may be the most listened to station I don't think they're the record buying public who listen. They're just happy to have drivel poured into their empty heads all day.

Oooh! Sorry. Just having a littlle rant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 12:23

Not so sure about that. I think that the Radio 2 audience are solely responsible for ensuring Gary Barlow became a multi millionaire after leaving Take That and going solo.

And that seems so wrong.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 14:07

Not too familiar with Ken Bruce or Radio 2 in general. But if they're giving throwing some wood on the Elbow bonfire, I say good on 'em! If the single gets people to listen to the rest of the album, then huzzah! cheers
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 14:55

R2 may be drivel in parts, but it's infinitely superior to Radio One or - arrrrgh! - Capital Gold.

Of course if I worked for myself rather than being a wage slave I'd do the iTunes library thing or listen to my friends' podcasts (ebrotunes.podomatic.com and suchlike) rather than Radio 2, but beggars can't be choosers, eh?

I do wonder though how many people will buy TSSK on the strength of One Day and find it a tad less upbeat than they maybe would've liked... ah well Smile
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 15:19

I like radio 2 for the music, but Radio 4 is good for comedy.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 17:14

Dabamash wrote:
I like radio 2 for the music, ......

Please tell me you're joking...
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 18:10

Ken Bruce is a legend.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 18:24

Hotblack wrote:
Dabamash wrote:
I like radio 2 for the music, ......

Please tell me you're joking...

Radio 2 is probably the best for music... but I don't like listening to the radio anyways... but I'm hoping to change that... neh!

Hoorah for Elbow's accolade!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 00:42

6Music is best for the music, to be fair.

If you can get your hands on a digital radio, do so.

If not, listen online.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 05:43

Yeah, I'd love a DAB radio for the car, as that's the only place where I listen to the radio these days. Which is why I've never listened to The Finest Hour Sad
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 13:07

I've got satellite radio in my car, thank God, because broadcast stations where I live are crap. Rap, Top 40 pop, reggaeton, and country alllll day. I can handle any of the above in small doses but I get sick of it pretty quickly. And there's no indie rock or anything that's not mainstream to be found on South Florida radio. Very boring.
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 13:14

I don't listen to radio much, but when I do, I listen to a really great Independent alternative radio station located in Vermont. It's excellent. They operate out of a big old Victorian house.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 13:17

Topaz wrote:
I don't listen to radio much, but when I do, I listen to a really great Independent alternative radio station located in Vermont. It's excellent. They operate out of a big old Victorian house.

Sounds good...wonder if you can pick them up online? Some stations down here stream their broadcasts so you can listen on the PC (though God knows I wouldn't tongue ).
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 18:15

Yes, I believe you can. It's WEQX if anyone's interested(which I'm sure you probably aren't. Smile). They've got a myspace page as well.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 19:21

Topaz wrote:
Yes, I believe you can. It's WEQX if anyone's interested(which I'm sure you probably aren't. Smile). They've got a myspace page as well.

Nice one! I'm gonna pull them up and give them a listen shortly. Thanks Topaz! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 20:02

Anyone else listen to Radio 1s Chart Show?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 07:35

No. I haven't any idea what's in the charts and haven't had an interest since I was in my teens. 99% of chart music is total bilge (and has been since they were invented).

Miserable old git aren't I? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 09:15

No, I agree. Chart music does usually suck, I usually try and tune in towards the end so that I get to see what's number 1 without having to listen to the rest Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 11:35

number one, schnumber schone. The singles charts stopped meaning anything over 10 years ago. I pay more attention to the last.fm charts these days.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 14:36

I've known **** all about the charts for many years, either (and don't feel a big hole in my life). I did enjoy a chart placing once, though, a couple of years ago - my kids are under the impression that good = whether or not you know it (is that an age thing? Early teens, although I was the opposite in my early teens...). In other words Elbow must be crap partly because Mum likes them QED, but mainly because they've got nothing in the charts/no-one's heard of them, etc. etc. So I got great satisfaction when Forget Myself entered the charts at No. 12 and really enjoyed telling them so. Hasn't converted either of them though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...   Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single of the Week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show is...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next