elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

video-interview with guy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
schwedenkrone
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-26

video-interview with guy Empty
PostSubject: video-interview with guy   video-interview with guy Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 21:17

good evening.

skype-interview with guy.
pretty sweet.

http://www.welt.de/print/die_welt/kultur/article13234749/Elbow-und-Grossbritanniens-andere-Nationalhymne.html

germand website, interview in english with deutsche subs

cheers.

Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: video-interview with guy   video-interview with guy Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 22:59

English translate:

At 17, ran away with Guy Garvey from Bury, a working class district on the outskirts of Manchester. He fled six siblings, a father who forgot in the trade union work, the whole family, and a mother who endured everything.

Huge success - after a decade

The school band, which he led for a year as a singer, succeeded him. Initially it was called Soft; reached inside the northern English scene, they are baptized in Elbow. Not to emphasize their career intentions, but because the English keep their word for elbow for very sensual, purely phonetic.

Elbow used to the appropriate music. A decelerated rock without feeling excessive ambitions, which took place unnoticed from 1990 to 2000 in tiny clubs and modest EPs. 2001, eleven years after its foundation, Elbow timid with their debut 'Asleep In The Back ", the first fully-fledged disk.

And they were astonished even the most about the success of the fourth album "The Seldom Seen Kid". It was released in March 2008 and took millions of buyers. Garvey's band was showered with prizes.

Britain's alternative national anthem

The song "One Day Like This" first worked the footballer in the English and their eternal hope of title to South Africa. At no song is now more often married on the island as to 'One Day Like This ". It is now seen as an alternative national anthem.

As far as was the path is not unusual for a rock band Elbow, Guy Garvey: A young man is his home tired, looking for the pulse of the country and followed slowly but unswervingly its target until it has become the man he was in his wildest dreams ever.

At 37 a man is now in the best age to obtain as an enucleated freelance creative industry and glazed floor in city centers and to reap the fruits of his creativity. Elbow set time limits laid down their fifth album.

Guy Garvey returns to Bury

They would "Build A Rocket Boys!" even sell satisfactory if it only white noise would be heard. But you hear Garvey ruefully sing the return to the bosom of his family. Get out of Manchester, back to Bury, from the home into the wrong life right.

The singer has acquired in his old neighborhood a discreet home. However, he has to Bury enhance, beautify the facade to make a mosaic. It is from Mark Kennedy, who has already decorated Affleck's Palace, the famous market hall in the heart of Manchester, with ironic Madonnas.

Garvey mosaic shows Alan Bennett, a serial-author, known in the UK anyone who watches TV regularly: Street Art for the lower middle class.

Garvey wants to return to his family

In "Open Arms" Garvey sings: "We got open arms for broken hearts / Like yours my boy / Come Home Again." Measured the music proceeds as meaning a processional march, choir and organ, and it resonates in the cathedral.

The prodigal son has returned. "I thought of the local community hall," said Guy Garvey. "Today, I like the memories of the strange building in which I was a small Catholic on Sunday on his knees on the way in which my sisters joined their marriages, in which my parents are getting old. I want to again be part of my family, a house and have children. And I want to protest against the demolition of the local library, where I learned to read. "

It was indeed a German always a little envious of the British and their favorite bands. At Wembley Stadium and the mud of the Glastonbury Festival Knebworth or had no good music or good-natured people.

Thousands were singing songs with Elbow

Big mouths were celebrated, as well as stuck-glasses, a dedicated amateur or hopeless alcoholic. In Glastonbury there Garvey has personally experienced that inspired thousands in one of his first songs and corresponded with him, "We still believe in love, so fuck you!" roared.

He thanks you by the subsequent album "Cast Of Thousands" called. Elbow is one of the few Britpop bands who bring everything to warm heart as well as the German People's Band.

In this country, they have already occurred before U2 and Coldplay. Your tracks sound bigger and more elaborate as they are, but never intimidating. Vain Anglicisms such as pop star and have the musicians of the righteous.

Garvey and his "Reclaim" messages

Guy Garvey has recognized that its effect on the German public, shows a small yellow book called "Build A Rocket Boy! as an advertising text accompanies "Elbow: Annotated lyrics" appears in the "universal library" in "Reclaim" and the joke is understood in Germany, everyone who had to work through the yellow Reclam books in school and scribble.

The fictional classic reads like self-help literature, "You can return to the place of your childhood back to fetch up with very simple means to the bottom of the facts," writes Garvey. Or: "Religion has nevertheless the potential to keep communities together." Or: "The Tory government is in power again, and there is no good in such a conservative government."

Or: "Why do we take the older generation for not full?" On a German website Garvey reads from the book into the camera. A bearded, burly beer drinker who looks older than he is, turns out the pub with video messages to the people.

Elbows musical gesture? Great!

The songs tell of the flight of destitute young singer in the city, from living in shared apartments with fewer CDs in the closet as a daydream in my head. In "Little Neat Rows" Garvey apologized to his do something better with his parents for his quarrels with the home and for his efforts.

In "Lippy Kids" agitated when he saw the youngster on the street plans forging. In "High Ideals" plague him feel guilty because he considers buying a house and family more important than world peace. A 68-year-old piano tuner from the Apollo Theatre sings with him as time goes by. The youth choir of the city falls, the organ is from the clubhouse.

Each piece comes from a humble musical idea that is then executed with a flourish. Some songs are on the road, appeared in a Berlin club dressing room or in the church on the island of Mull.

Arrival is more comfortable as the advent

And when the band surprised the audience by one only uses antique synthesizers, and leave out the drums, the drummer was on honeymoon. Guy Garvey sings like Peter Gabriel, without secrecy and without feeling like Robert Wyatt.

The British too long for today then, that their rock music pays tribute to the little life. The center is mocked nor ennobled. She is happy just to be there and a band to have the understanding that arrival is more pleasant than leave.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: video-interview with guy   video-interview with guy Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 19:50

bt_remix wrote:
English translate: without feeling like Robert Wyatt.

dictionary says "attitude" Smile

But translation is well done and thanks for the link... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: video-interview with guy   video-interview with guy Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 07:48

Thank Google Chrome for the translation. I wouldn't even know how to count to 5, no nine in German.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: video-interview with guy   video-interview with guy Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 14:23

Really? So they are better than babelfish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: video-interview with guy   video-interview with guy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

video-interview with guy
Page 1 of 1