elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon

Go down 
+5
Jones
My Bury Vest
ticky
Cozzer
Misspelt Yoof
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Empty
PostSubject: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 15:24

Kings of Leon
Elbow
Thin Lizzy
White lies
Mona
The Whigs

Saturday 28th May. Tickets are on sale now.
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 15:34

Anybody headlining above Elbow must be looking over their shoulders nervously right now. I'd be practicing like mad if I were Caleb Followill Shocked
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 15:46

Er.... Has anyone told them that Phil Lynott is dead?
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 15:48

Never seen KOL live, but apart from their last LP, have got all their albums and the 'What I Saw' EP from their very early days, but not interested in seeing them live in the enormodomes.

Whte Lies, no thanks....Mona, supporting Morrissey in the summer - Whigs, never heard of em.....(a thick slice of) Thin Lizzy, not for me.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 16:23

This gig has been sold out for ages!
80,000 tickets gone in 40 mins, so they really shouldn't imply that tix can still be got for this!
Mmm, well, unless you're willing to give one of your ribs to the dreaded touts...
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 16:24

Still going though, and very much looking forward to it too!
(The Elbow-bit! Razz )
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 16:34

It will looky a bit like this:
Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Slane_aerial1
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 18:04

I've seen KoL two or three times now. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them now they've discovered the barbers and gone pretty and commercial Very Happy

Actually, one of the main things that puts me off them is that KoL do very very little interaction with the audience. I think they (and the audience) are going to struggle if elbow do a typical set and charm the pants off everyone there first....
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 18:18

hilaryg wrote:
I've seen KoL two or three times now. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them now they've discovered the barbers and gone pretty and commercial Very Happy

Actually, one of the main things that puts me off them is that KoL do very very little interaction with the audience. I think they (and the audience) are going to struggle if elbow do a typical set and charm the pants off everyone there first....

Totally agree. I've seen KOL a few times. They were amazing on their first UK tour and a couple of tours that followed were pretty good too. But like their albums, their live shows have become very bland in recent years. Such a shame as they used to have so much energy and they've just turned into a boring stadium band who turn out dad-rock for BMW and Audi drivers. lol
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 20:50

I guess it makes commercial sense that Elbow are supporting and KOL are headlining. But in any other respect, it's all kinds of wrong. Not that I hate KOL, even though they are a lesser band than they once were. I still wouldn't throw 'em outta bed for eating crackers, though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 21:15

I've heard that KOL are dreadful live...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOF1FJ7wGhw
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitimeWed 06 Apr 2011, 15:20

MagicalTrevor wrote:
I've heard that KOL are dreadful live...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOF1FJ7wGhw

I can watch that vid with the sound turned down and be quite the happy camper. Razz But, that was hella funny. Haters gon' hate! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon   Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slane Castle - Supporting Kings of Leon
Page 1 of 1