elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Get to know each other...

Go down 
+21
Jones
Skeletor
al
stefinitely
butterfingersbimbo
fadeupyoursmile
Misspelt Yoof
JulieinTX
MagicalTrevor
Jonny
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Topaz
MrsMagicalTrevor
Glendarian
Calum
Hotblack
Ted
leespoons
Carah
Dabamash
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Get to know each other... Empty
PostSubject: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 18:05

Since the old picture game has keeled over and died, I think it is time for a new game,(sort of game...). This "game" is very simple and allows everybody on the forum to get to know each other better. Here's how it works:
I will ask a simple question.
The next person will answer the question then ask another question.
The next person will answer that then ask another and so on.
It's easy!

Here's the 1st question:
What is your dream job? ("no job" is not an answer! you lot are so predictable.)
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 19:30

My dream job is the one I'm training for - Speech Therapist, yo.
I'm really passionate about linguistics, and I think speech is really really important.

So there you go.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 20:03

Lefkada, a Greek island on which we had two wonderful holidays before our little boy was born. I love Greece - the food, the climate, the mountains, the islands, the language... boring answer I know as I'm not very well travelled, but I'd move there in a flash if we had the opportunity.

(My stepmum's a speech therapist... mainly visiting older people who are losing the power of speech. Upsetting sometimes, but very rewarding.)

Which song - and it doesn't have to be by Elbow - do you wish you had written?
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 20:26

Probably "will you follow me" by Rob Dougan. It would be amazing to produce something like that.

Where was your first kiss?
Back to top Go down
Ted
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Ted

Male Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 22:12

At a barn dance in a church hall. Romantic eh?

What song would you have played at your funeral?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 22:25

I Feel Good - James Brown

Followed by Fire by Arthur Brown. I'd have the opening line - 'I am the God of Hellfire and I Bring You...Fire' as the coffin slips down in to the flames.

Where was your first holiday without your parents?
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 00:41

Gairloch, north of Scotland. So, so beautiful, we went there every summer for a good few years. On the beach, you'd think you were in Hawaii. If you didn't know Gairloch, that is.

Oh shit, I just read the question again.

WITHOUT my parents, was Toronto, for 3 weeks. F*cking awesome time had by all!

Favourite film?
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 07:10

Loads, but probably O Brother Where Art Thou? Watched it over & over again and see sometihing new every time & love the atmopsphere they create. I love the Coen brothers films generally, but haven't seen No Country for Old Men yet.

What's your favourite way of spending your spare time?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 08:15

Are we allowed to answer twice?

Well....anyway. Mines photographing. It's both my job and my hobby. I love it. I'm off out in the next few minutes to rattle off a few more frames.

What's your favourite drink, alcoholic or nonalcoholic?

PS. I love the Coen Brothers films. Oh! Brother Where Art Thou is one of my favourites too although Fargo, Barton Fink, The Big Lebowski etc are all up there. No Country For Old Men is superb. It's a pity they had to remake my all time favourite film, The Ladykillers. I haven't seen it, I don't want to see it and I'll try bloody hard to make sure I never see it. Tom Hanks??? Please!!!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 09:12

I like to drink a nice cool glass of Pimms. Very refreshing Very Happy

I am also a photographer, what camera do you use (not my question btw, thats just for Hotblack Very Happy)

If you own a car, what is it?
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 09:50

I own a green beetle (new version) called Percy, so named cos he's made of purest green Smile

Before Percy I owned one of the last 500 original minis, a cooper sport number 222 of the 500, I called him Arbuckle but he was British hence a bit shit and had to be sold Neutral

My question...

If you could kill one person who would it be and why, how would you do it?

Hmmm me thinks I've been watching too much Dexter!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 10:05

How come women always name their cars?

Anyway, I would probably kill somebody who I know that really does my head in (I won't name them), I think and nice quick "accidental" death would be in order. Such as shoving off a cliff Very Happy.

Who sent the last text that you got?
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 10:19

I only name cool cars, I wouldn't name a 207SW for example cos that's a bit shit (sorry MT!)

O2 marketing bollox Mad

What's the one thing you would change about yourself?
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 11:07

I've got this stupid medical condition called Fibula Hemimelia which means I walk like a total nob.
I'd like that gone.

Who was your childhood hero?
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 11:20

I really really looked up to and respected this guy down the road. He was eight years older than I, a model in the city; gorgeous, smart as all get out, musically gifted and played all sorts of instruments, exceptionally physically fit....should I go on? I met him when I was around 12 years old, maybe 11.

Well anyway, we had a fierce connection for many of my childhood years. He made it known, as did I. Our families used to be at the same camp each summer, we'd run into each other various places in our incredibly small town... Obviously, nothing could happen with me being 14 and him being 22. *sigh* He was a gentleman, but there was no denying. It seemed like he would wait for me.

So yeah, I thought he was just about the best thing ever.

Actually, he's a fairly incredible person now as well. I saw him a few years back and he still lives quite nearby. He's always doing things for others, giving away vehicles and such, still gorgeous, and quite successful and wealthy.

I'm going to try to dig up a picture of perfect man. Should I? Or would that be weird?

Feeling nostalgic now. And obviously long winded as well.
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 11:24

P.s. I name my cars too.
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 11:41

Oh geez. I was so caught up in my reveries that I forgot to ask another question.

Hrmm.

If you had to choose one person to be with you for eternity on a desert island, never to see anyone else, who would it be and why?

Last edited by Topaz on Fri 02 May 2008, 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 12:04

To be honest, I would prefer to be by myself. I think if I was with any one person for eternity, I would get very bored with them very quickly. Then I would probably eat them, as I am on a desert island where Burger King doesn't exist. "sigh". If I had to choose, I would take someone with lots of skills, so that they could build me a hut and hunt wild monkey for me.... Shocked

Anyway, moving swiftly onwards... How many times have you moved house?
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 12:11

5 times with my parents and 5 times since I've been married. (Not counting several moves while I was a student). Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of us moving here, the longest I've ever lived in one place ever!

Where would be your ideal holiday?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 12:40

Dabamash wrote:
I am also a photographer, what camera do you use (not my question btw, thats just for Hotblack Very Happy)

Nikon D200 and a selection of Sigma EX lenses. You?

Mrs MT wrote
Quote :
I own a green beetle (new version) called Percy, so named cos he's made of purest green

PMSL Laughing Laughing Laughing
Very cunning.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 12:45

I use a Canon D400 with various lenses, my favourite being an 18-200mm sigma telephoto lens. It's my baby Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 12:48

Oh yer, my ideal holiday would be somewhere very cold, cos I like cold Very Happy, so probably Austria snowboarding.

What is/was your favourite novel?
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 13:26

I prefer modern books. Can't get into the old 'classics'

Probably '25th Hour' by David Benioff.

It's a good film too.

What's on your desk right now?

I have no imagination, I do apologise.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 13:36

A map of South Pembrokeshire, a stapler, my diary, the remains of my lunch, an empty mug and a lens cap (apart from the usual keyboard, mouse/mat and monitor I assume you mean) Smile

Which car would you most like to own?
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 13:40

I've always hankered after a Morris Traveller ever since we had one when I was a kid.

(As she peers out from under heaps of papers, CD cases etc. ont he desk...)

What's your favourite colour & why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get to know each other...
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: