elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Explosions In the Sky

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Explosions In the Sky Empty
PostSubject: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 13:57

Anyone? I love them, and I was actually surprised to see we've never had a thread for them before. They have a new album coming out in April, and I'm looking forward to hearing it. There's a live performance of one of the new songs floating around, and it sounds pretty good to me:

Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 21:45

Never heard of them Chrissie, however they've just been announced as headliners at Green Man Festival this year and I think I'd better have a little look at them before August.
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:13

I adore them, first saw them in 2007 at Latitude, was a great lineup line up, EITS, Jarvis Cocker, Soulsavers, The National, Arcade fire, Midlake, Joan as a Policewoman, Clap your Hands Say Yeah, Magic Numbers

I can't wait for the new album in April either, they've got some dates over in the UK in May. Chrissie, maybe you can just stay a bit longer after the MEN gig Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 15:33

LongLegs wrote:
I adore them, first saw them in 2007 at Latitude, was a great lineup line up, EITS, Jarvis Cocker, Soulsavers, The National, Arcade fire, Midlake, Joan as a Policewoman, Clap your Hands Say Yeah, Magic Numbers

I can't wait for the new album in April either, they've got some dates over in the UK in May. Chrissie, maybe you can just stay a bit longer after the MEN gig Wink

Dayummm, that was a great lineup, LongLegs! Wish I'd been at that fest for sure! And if I could stay long enough to see Explosions in the Sky over there, I surely would! My kid knows how to use the microwave now, she'd be fine... Laughing

Glad someone else likes them, they really are a unique and talented bunch. I actually was reminded of them for a moment or two on TSSK - during Friend of Ours, I think the music is a bit reminiscent of the EITS sound in places. Or I may have just imagined it... cyclops
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 18:48

LongLegs wrote:
The National, Arcade fire, Midlake

:O

-dies-

I'm incredibly jealous of you right now.
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 15:48

The new album is streaming here, if you fancy lending your ears:

http://www.middleboopmag.com/music/music-news/stream-new-explosions-sky-here

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosions In the Sky   Explosions In the Sky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explosions In the Sky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-