elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robinson Crusoe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 14:53

The radio was on this morning and suddenly I heard Guy's voice! It was a brief contribution to an interesting progamme on Radio 4 about the Robinson Crusoe TV series and theme music. I didn't know the series myself (as Guy obviously didn't Smile) but it was interesting in any case and may be nostalgic for some poeple. Wink

Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 16:14

I remember it well.

It used to be on every morning during the summer holidays along with a programme called "white horses". I'll listen to this tonight. Never thought I'd be discussing this on an Elbow forum
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 16:21

If anyone's interested, you can get the DVD and soundtrack on Amazon...

Robinson Crusoe DVD

Robinson Crusoe Soundtrack

Other retailers are available!

Re-live your 1970's childhood school holiday mornings.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 16:32

sparky wrote:
I remember it well.

It used to be on every morning during the summer holidays along with a programme called "white horses". I'll listen to this tonight. Never thought I'd be discussing this on an Elbow forum

Now White Horses was one of my favourites and gets a mention on the prog. On an Elbow forum? Kind of makes sense, after all, Build a rocket boys! is supposed to involve themes looking back on growing up... Wink Wonder if it includes samples of old TV themes? Laughing

Ta for the links Mr W!
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 17:01

Glendarian wrote:

Now White Horses was one of my favourites and gets a mention on the prog. On an Elbow forum? Kind of makes sense, after all, Build a rocket boys! is supposed to involve themes looking back on growing up... Wink Wonder if it includes samples of old TV themes? Laughing

Ta for the links Mr W!

Good point Glendarian! (and thanks for the link Mr Woman)

For "White Horses" theme tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6z8GUywyc&feature=related

I can see me, my brother and sister all ont' settee eating jam on toast waiting for this to come on.

I come back here from time to time (that's to stop us getting booted out for being off topic)

Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 18:05

Oh wow, that's wonderful, you're a star - I used to LOVE that programme, it's so good to see a clip!!

Talk about scattered B&W Wink

Well the thread did start with hearing Guy on the radio, how much on-topicness do you need?!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 18:22

Ha, that link is from a german TV-station. Smile Strange it's been broadcasted in english.
Never heared of it though.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 18:29

It was originally from Yugoslavia - well, that's where the stud farm is where it was filmed (Slovenia now) where the horses are bred for the Spanish Riding School in Vienna (sorry, anoracing from a mis-spent pony-loving childhood Wink)- and it was dubbed into English and broadcast here - presumably, from that clip, in Germany too!

(I hold my hands up, this bit *is* off-topic)
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 18:42

Does anyone remember this one - Belle and Sebastien from the early 60's. I absolutely loved this as a small child and cried my heart out when the dog got shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEnMERmbJg&feature=related

I'm sure Guy's played a song by the band that took their name from this programme. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robinson Crusoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robinson Crusoe   Robinson Crusoe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robinson Crusoe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: