elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Theme From Munroe Kelly?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Theme From Munroe Kelly? Empty
PostSubject: Theme From Munroe Kelly?   Theme From Munroe Kelly? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 08:04

Out of curiosity, is Munroe Kelly a TV show or Radio show or something? I can't find anything online about it and didn't know if they were just doing a cover or creating something clever.

Also, since you guys are such awesome experts, does anyone know if they lyrics for this song are only "Even the end of the world is a big disappointment
Even the end of the world will be a let down"? Is there more than that? I'm trying to make it out, but the words are very deeply tucked away in this one.
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Theme From Munroe Kelly?   Theme From Munroe Kelly? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 08:18

Actually, I've just listened to the song multiple times--what is shown all over the internet as the lyrics is "even the end of the world is a big dissapointment.
even the end the end of the world will be a let down."

After reviewing the song, though, the second line just doesn't seem right. Unless Guy's accent is throwing me off (it's possible, I'm not one-hundred percent familiar with English accents being a good old-fashioned ignorant American,) it sounds like he's instead saying, "even the end of the world will dawn on a let down." If I'm wrong, by all means correct me, but 'will be' just does not sound right.

(This is the Noisebox version of Theme From Munroe Kelly, by the way. I don't know if future versions even have lyrics.)
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Theme From Munroe Kelly?   Theme From Munroe Kelly? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 14:25

When the Asleep in the Back Deluxe Edition came out, Guy Garvey gave an interview where he talked about each song, which you can read here.

For "Theme From Munroe Kelly," here's what he says:
Quote :
‘Theme From Munroe Kelly’ was about a character from a terrible B-movie called 'Congo'. We found him hysterically funny, but he's a very suave man so we gave him a theme tune.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Theme From Munroe Kelly?   Theme From Munroe Kelly? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 20:14

Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Bennington
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bennington

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Theme From Munroe Kelly?   Theme From Munroe Kelly? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 19:27

Haha what a great reason behind the name!
Back to top Go down
http://thexilexile.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme From Munroe Kelly?   Theme From Munroe Kelly? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theme From Munroe Kelly?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow music-
Jump to: