elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truck Festival?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 15:12

Has anyone ever been to this one? Every year we go to Trowbridge Village Pump Festival, but the weather is so completely shit that we are looking further afield. (No pun intended Rolling Eyes ) It does seem to be a little drier around Oxford and the line up looks quite interesting. I'm sure I read that some of us were intending to go here.
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 15:24

My lovely lovely friends Joe and Robin run this festival and it's beautiful! I can't tell you how lovely these chaps are and the festival is like a big village family fete!
It started off as a celebration for Robin's birthday and since then has taken off every year.
it has really great new talent that in a couple of years you will say to yourself, I saw them at Truck.
I'm suppossed to be going, but Latitude last weekend burnt a rather large hole in my bank account. It was the Pimms Smile But hey anything to see The National.

Anyway, if you go let me know!! I may still pop down Sunday.
If you want to check out the boys in action, listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPrm385V33Y&feature=related
Danny and the Champs are a must see live band, both Robin and Joe are a part of.

There is loads of great bands on, so gutted I can't go for the weekend.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 15:51

That sounds absolutely fab Longlegs - you've really sold it to me! I'm going to have a chat to my mates who are also at a loose end and I think we'll probably end up going there. The kids are going to love it!!!

Can't your friends give you a discount Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 16:33

ticky wrote:
That sounds absolutely fab Longlegs - you've really sold it to me! I'm going to have a chat to my mates who are also at a loose end and I think we'll probably end up going there. The kids are going to love it!!!

Can't your friends give you a discount Wink Laughing

hehe, they have, a free one in fact, just one of those things or maybe I should have an intolerence to cider! That would help!!
It's a really small fest 5000 friendly faces only, so I'm sure the kids will love it!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 00:37

Ahh I'm a bit late to this thread.

Ticky - my friend Jonathan (you know the one - tall, blonde curly hair) lives in Oxford and frequents Truck, he tells me it's very good too!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2011, 16:56

Well, well, well - guess who I bumped into this year at Truck - Jonathan - couldn't miss him really - bopping down the front of Two Finger of Firewater - blond curls akimbo! I'm sure he didn't remember me from MEN, in fact he looked a little startled. Anyway it was good to see him though!

Sunday night was truly a night to remember - The Truck AllStars (Dreaming Spires, The Magic Numbers, that woman from St Etienne, loads of other musicians, three transvestites and the Truck Monster) played the whole of Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours'. What a fabulous, joyous, ecstatic and magical hour!!!!! The roof nearly lifted off the tent (er - you know what I mean!) We screamed and danced like idiots. I just feel so happy now! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2011, 21:35

Haha you're right, bit difficult to miss him. Glad you had a great time!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Truck Festival? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck Festival?   Truck Festival? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truck Festival?
Page 1 of 1