elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)

Go down 
+30
allyngibson
Mr Woman
mrswoman
Mollyb
Lillybef
TamedLamia
Jones
My Bury Vest
nellie
Emma G
Grant
al
ElbowFreak
fadeupyoursmile
yesman
bluejayway
Stockhaus
WOBLEwoble
MrsMagicalTrevor
JulieinTX
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Jonny
Hotblack
Skeletor
Dabamash
Topaz
Calum
Carah
leespoons
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr 2008, 20:46

I can only drink one or two Kopparberg's a night. Couldn't handle anymore... sweeeeet!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 23:07

We need a new thread

What is your fav cocktail?
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 09:44

Lager and Lime jocolor
But they don't do cocktails at Al Murrays - White Wine for the lady

You can't beat a Pina Colada - I just wouldn't ever order one for fear of ridicule Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:09

love stowford cider. JUMMY

I LOVE red wine, i'm a wino. I love a wine called Campo Castillo, we got it at work and even thought i can drink all other expensive wines i'm sticking with my Castillo, it's delicious!
I also like to spice it up with a glass of white now and then.

My favourite drink is Mojito great stuff

I hate swedish ciders though, and stuff like x-cider and shit like that .it's awful!

Drunk
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:15

MrsMagicalTrevor wrote:
Kopparberg Pear,
JUCKY! i really hate kopparberg
maybe mostly because that is what all the kids drink in sweden, as we got monopoly on the alcohol they are only allowed to sell like 2.something% in normal shops and you have to go to "systembolaget" to buy alcohol which is not open all the time (and you need to be 20). Anyway and these 2.something% kopparberg can be bought by 18olds in the normal stores so all the kids get mates to buy these kopparbergs and try to get drunk and that and is really stupid. and on top of it, it tastes like shit :p

Im sorry im rambeling i've been up for 24 or so because i've been working and im i'll and coughing like mad and can't sleep-
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 11:19

Even though I'm under-age, I do like a good JD and Coke, and rose or white wine. I hate any form of beer or lager. For example I had some of my Dad's Guinness before seeing Elbow in Bournemouth and it was rank (no offense to lovers of the black stuff!) I felt a little ill.
Back to top Go down
yesman
friend of ours
friend of ours
yesman

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 16:28

Gonna seem like I am a real boozer , but I genuinely enjoy a drink (mostly in moderation but the occasional session)

I am a real ale person and enjoy a good pint in a traditional British pub . I also enjoy visiting the odd beer festival where you are spoilt for choice !! Favourite ale is Fuller's London Pride and ESB. The Bees Knees.
Also nice to have a Winter Warmer ale in front of a pubs log fire during the cold winter months.

During the summer however there is nothing better than a chilled lager (preferably 1664 or other quality brand) sitting in the garden on the odd day the weather is pleasant !

Sometimes I will enjoy a refreshing dry Cider as a change.

If we are having a special dinner at home , like a Roast , then I usually open a good bottle of red wine. My favourite is Rioja (after falling in love with it during a business trip to Northern Spain) but I have a fairly eclectic taste as long as it's good .

Not really into spirits but very occasionally will have a single malt Scotch whisky like a Talisker .

Now I must stop to have a tipple. All this talk of drink has made me rather thirsty !!! Give me Beer
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 17:01

yesman wrote:
If we are having a special dinner at home , like a Roast , then I usually open a good bottle of red wine. My favourite is Rioja (after falling in love with it during a business trip to Northern Spain) but I have a fairly eclectic taste as long as it's good .
That's a good wine. very popular at the place i work.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 17:11

Long Island Iced Tea is the most booze for your buck! But i am a big fan of the Revolution Starburst!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:51

Oooookay!! I guess I am the only one who doesn't drink at all! Very Happy Never seen the reason in it! Smile
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 19:02

I'm not a huge drinker, I'm going to have to quote the comedian Jon Richardson here as to why I occasionally do...

Because alcohol says to me "You know that thing you were worrying about?

....Not anymore!"
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 21:20

i dont like it when people drink just to get drunk,
I drink because i really like it.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 19:15

As a 16 year-old, i rarely consider the taste of alcohol, usually it's vodka down the hatch, and that's that Razz but if i'm drinking just to relax, then i really enjoy a nice cider Smile bulmer's preferrably. Lately, i've taken a liking to budweiser and miller Razz just because they're sweet, and that's how i like them Razz
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 19:52

Nothing beats a gin and tonic in a long glass with loads if ice and a slice of lemon! Think I may have to fix myself one right now......
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 20:07

When I go out I like a nice vodka and fresh orange, if I'm at home I like red wine Borollo's a good one (dont know if thats spelt correctly). Dont drink that often though, I always seem to end up driving.
Cheers Beer
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 21:39

Emma G wrote:
Nothing beats a gin and tonic in a long glass with loads if ice and a slice of lemon! Think I may have to fix myself one right now......

Agreed. *goes to find some gin*
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 22:07

Living in Florida, there's a lot of tropical treats at the clubs and bars...I'm partial to a Key West beverage called the Rum Runner, and also Key Lime martinis...yummy! But when it's hot outside, like it has been lately, you could hand me pretty much anything in a frosty glass with a paper umbrella sticking out of it, and I'd be happy as a clam. Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Pina10
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 22:09

I'd be happy with the little umbrella.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:00

Living in Bury/Whitefield area it has to be Joseph Holts bitter, also Thwaites is a great pint if you're on the booze all day........if I'm staying at home it has to be wine, if it's white, then Pinot Grigio, if it's red, Chianti or Rioja.

There seems a few real ale fans on here, if you're in the Manchester area, you have to try Marble Arch on Rochdale Rd next to where I work in Ancoats, it's a mecca for those in love with that type of liquid lubricant.
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:05

My Bury Vest wrote:
Living in Bury/Whitefield area it has to be Joseph Holts bitter, also Thwaites is a great pint if you're on the booze all day........if I'm staying at home it has to be wine, if it's white, then Pinot Grigio, if it's red, Chianti or Rioja.

There seems a few real ale fans on here, if you're in the Manchester area, you have to try Marble Arch on Rochdale Rd next to where I work in Ancoats, it's a mecca for those in love with that type of liquid lubricant.

Used to love the Marble Arch, though the sloping floors tend to interfer with my co-ordination if I've had a few drinkies drunken
Bet you remember the Beer House in the good old days mmm cherry beer drunken
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:15

Oh aye Nellie, yeah the Beer House, now The Angel, which is a critically acclaimed eating house/pub now.......Bar Fringe on Swan St on t'otherside of the road from the Band On The Wall which is getting a full refurb and is due to open in the Autumn, does some very tidy cherry beers, deceptively fantastic ! Give me Beer
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 12:31

I've not been in since it changed to The Angel-so its ok then? Might give it a whirl soon.
Will look forward to Bar Fringe opening and trying their cherry beer, used to love it in the Beer House, they'd put it in a nice glass for the ladeees! drunken
Back to top Go down
yesman
friend of ours
friend of ours
yesman

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 19:19

My Bury Vest wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Not knowing Manchester that well...is the pub anywhere near to the Bridgewater Hall ?
Might try to pop along for a tipple before the concert in July !!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 19:46

I'm currently clutching a glass of wine like a safety blanket. It's been a hard day in child land!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 08:44

I'm a Vodka girl.
Smirnoff Ice is good, but usually it's Vodka and Diet 7UP.

The 'Diet' part is very important: zero calories to offset the 856,986.750 calories in the Vodka!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)   Mine's a pint! (the booze thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mine's a pint! (the booze thread)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next