elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Them Crooked Vultures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Them Crooked Vultures Empty
PostSubject: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 09:57

Just got the album by this lot. They are QotSA's Josh Homme, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl on drums, and Led Zep's John Paul Jones on bass/keyboards.
<self indulgent Supergroup alarm!!>

This is a big rock beast - perhaps even an old fashioned rock dinosaur, but quite agile at times and occasionally surprising.

I'm actually enjoying it - it sounds just like you imagine it would - intelligent-but-dumb driving grungy hard rock with a slight proggy twist, consummately performed, but hardly groundbreaking. It is nice to be reminded what a good bassist JPJ is, and Grohl a fine rock drummer too.

If you like this sort of thing then I'd definately give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 12:34

Their concert in Berlin is sold out!! I was thinking about seeing them because I am an old fan of good ol' Jonesy and would have liked it if he could refresh his autograph he gave me on my accoustic bass guitar when he was in Berlin with Diamanda Galas...... Neutral
I heard a few tracks of them, they ROCK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 01:00

They are playing on BBC2 now. Josh Homme is a big lad - guitars look like toys in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 09:41

I saw some of that last night. Have to say, from what I've seen and heard so far I'm not overly impressed. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
benraul
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 20:54

I saw them when they supported Arctic Monkeys in Britxon back in August I think it was. Maybe September. Anywho, Live, and for the first time of hearing them I loved them. Then I bought the album and was disapointed. Obviously enjoy QOTSA, Nirvana and Led Zepplin but the miz hasnt worked as I would have liked it to. Maybe I need to give it a few more listens. Maybe I was expecting to much after hearing it live first?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Them Crooked Vultures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: