elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Powdered Cow, Rozi Plain and Whalebone Polly on HD Blu-ray disk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Evil
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-24

The Powdered Cow, Rozi Plain and Whalebone Polly on HD Blu-ray disk Empty
PostSubject: The Powdered Cow, Rozi Plain and Whalebone Polly on HD Blu-ray disk   The Powdered Cow, Rozi Plain and Whalebone Polly on HD Blu-ray disk Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 09:20

The Powered Cow are a band from Christchurch, Dorset with a Joy Division feel but quite unique. Rozi Plain is a radical future-folk artist, as are Rachael Dadd and Kate Stables. After meeting Kate and her manager I got permission to film using a broadcast quality HD video camera, and whilst I have the HD footage on three separate DVDs as soon as I can afford a blu-ray drive (the camera was expensive) I will copy some blu-ray and conventional disks and give them free to the artists involved, which they can sale for a profit. My only reward is having footage of a fantastic gig just as important as early Beatles/Velvet Underground or Eric's club footage. If their is any justice in this world (which there isn't, ask the Chameleons or Echo & the Bunnymen) they should all be massive. Whilst the Powdered Cow fits into a slightly more well known genre, the other artists might suffer from comparisons with the twee nature of mediocre folk acts, when a better comparison might be Jefferson Airplane or Magnet, but actually they are even more innovative and just as powerful, perhaps more so than the classic rock acts I admire!
Whilst I am making standard definition copies on conventional DVD, along with HD on DVD, just how many people own a blu-ray player? As a perfectionist I am getting one, but are they more for film fanatics? Does anyone have music videos on Blu-Ray, and are Elbow, considering their fame and sheer professionalism, ever going to release a concert on blu-ray in HD?-I would be the first customer.
Back to top Go down

The Powdered Cow, Rozi Plain and Whalebone Polly on HD Blu-ray disk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: