elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SOUTH BANK SHOW

Go down 
+29
My Bury Vest
oneofthethree
LongLegs
redliz2
Cestriansteve
sparky
Jones
Mirrorball
fadeupyoursmile
lucky with disease
heshofcheese
MagicalTrevor
hilaryg
Lynne
ukkonen
ChrissyBoy
KieranFunzig
ticky
Hotblack
Mr Woman
ChrissieInFL
achtung3d
Tinwal
nikkijaydee
TamedLamia
Glendarian
captain pugwash
mrswoman
WOBLEwoble
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 17:11

Lovely Melvin Bragg has interviewed GUY. Not sure when this South Bank show will go out. Seeing as this is the last of Melvin on South Bank what afantastiic ending to get Guy onto it.

Looking forward to watching it.

lol!

If this has been posted by someone else - elsewhere - my apologies. bounce bounce just me being eager to let everyone know.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 17:23

That's great! Cheers for the heads up, WOBLEwoble. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
captain pugwash
fallen angel
fallen angel
captain pugwash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-13

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 07:16

Wow! Been thinking that they really should do a SBS on the guys.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: The South Bank Show   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 07:39

In the video posted by Mrs Woman here they mentioned filming for the South Bank Show.

Does anyone know when it's going to be shown? I've checked on the website and can't see anything. I don't keep up with telly much and have a tendency to miss stuff so if anyone sees when this is going to be on the info would be much appreciated.Smile
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 10:30

Bit of deduction required on this:

Based on the last few years, it looks like SBS has 8 or 9 shows per season. . Last week's was about Coldplay, so you'd think they'd mix up the scheduling a bit and show Elbow later through the run. The next show is on 4th Oct about Warhol, while another listed for 26th is about an artist called Cildo Meireles, so ignoring these two dates, might be best to check your programme guide each Sunday evening. Seems they're not showing them every single week in succession. Rolling Eyes

One other thing to remember is that ITV move later programmes around the schedule with little notice, so the SBS could be shown anytime in that 10pm-12 midnight slot.

ITV do have their equivalent of iPlayer but... SBS isn't listed there today. Could be it's done it's 7-day replay run already - or - they might not carry it at all?
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 18:14

If anyone catches the SBS I would be interested in a copy! Peter Gabriel was there in the early 80ies and it was very entertaining!! So it might be with our Elbows...
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 13:38

I'll just set it up on Sky+ series link. It'll get taped eventually!!
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 13:53

Quote :
If this has been posted by someone else - elsewhere - my apologies. bounce bounce just me being eager to let everyone know.

Apologies myself for double-posting (I did look, honest - obviously not hard enough Rolling Eyes ) and thanks to whoever merged the thread. Now all I have to do is make sure I don't miss it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 22:18

I'm looking forward to the southbank show elbow episode. Southbank show is always a good watch and provides the best insight into the most innovative contemporary bands and musicians as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw2CsBz_cKY&feature=related

:}

These are still better than a lot of sh*t out there.

xxx
Back to top Go down
achtung3d
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-18

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 19:46

Elbow are to be the subject of a South Bank Show with Melvyn Bragg, to be broadcast on November 15.

Guy Garvey and co. look back over the 18 years it has taken the group to achieve mainstream success, with their most recent album, the Mercury Prize winning The Seldom Seen Kid.

The episode will include never seen before archive home video footage of Elbow as teenagers, as well as exclusive live footage from their Manchester MEN concert last month

courtesy of uncut.co.uk
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 13:22

achtung3d wrote:
The episode will include never seen before archive home video footage of Elbow as teenagers

OMG! I'd LOVE to see that!! affraid What a Face
I hope it will appear somewhere in digital form... Shocked
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 16:27

TamedLamia wrote:
OMG! I'd LOVE to see that!! affraid What a Face
I hope it will appear somewhere in digital form... Shocked

That makes 2 of us, TL! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 17:17

Well, we'll be recording it on our hard disk recorder, for certain. It can then be burned easily onto a DVD-R via the DVD drive and hey presto!- A region-free DVD Cool

I don't mind running off a copy or two for people who are unable to watch the programme in exchange for a blank DVD-R.

All I have to do is make sure I remember to record the programme. I'm sure someone will remind me nearer the time...
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 20:25

I could swap it with some Elbow live audio or the noisebox (not the original, just mp3)
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 13:49

BUMP. Just a reminder that it's on this weekend coming.

achtung3d wrote:
Elbow are to be the subject of a South Bank Show with Melvyn Bragg, to be broadcast on November 15.

Guy Garvey and co. look back over the 18 years it has taken the group to achieve mainstream success, with their most recent album, the Mercury Prize winning The Seldom Seen Kid.

The episode will include never seen before archive home video footage of Elbow as teenagers, as well as exclusive live footage from their Manchester MEN concert last month

courtesy of uncut.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 14:54

Oh, man...I would love to see it!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 16:44

Chrissie - I don't know if this service is geographically restricted like the BBC iPlayer can be but you could always try THE ITV PLAYER after Sunday night.

Search for The South Bank Show. Fingers crossed it'll play for you (and anyone else who's outside the UK.)

Alternatively sections may well turn up on YouTube in a day or so after broadcast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 17:15

I've just been given a DVD player which records as well, so I'll have a go at recording it for you Chrissie (and Katrin - I think she wanted to see it). I don't know if it will work or even if it is compatible with the US system, but it's worth a go.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 17:28

Thanks, Hotblack & Ticky - I am sure I'll manage to view it somehow, at some point...just not when it airs, like you guys, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! Let me know how it was once you've seen it as it sounds quite promising! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 20:26

ticky wrote:
I've just been given a DVD player which records as well, so I'll have a go at recording it for you Chrissie (and Katrin - I think she wanted to see it). I don't know if it will work or even if it is compatible with the US system, but it's worth a go.

yeayeayea... cheers
I'm so curious about the South Bank Show with Elbow. The show with Peter Gabriel in the early 80ies was so great, so I think the Elbow-one will be too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KieranFunzig
fallen angel
fallen angel
KieranFunzig

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-30

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 20:49

TamedLamia wrote:
I'm so curious about the South Bank Show with Elbow. The show with Peter Gabriel in the early 80ies was so great, so I think the Elbow-one will be too... Very Happy

Yeah I remember that, around the third albumI think. They very rarely repeat SBS, but I remember really good ones that are gone forever. Could try youtube I suppose...
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009, 19:10

Mr Woman wrote:
Well, we'll be recording it on our hard disk recorder, for certain. It can then be burned easily onto a DVD-R via the DVD drive and hey presto!- A region-free DVD Cool

I don't mind running off a copy or two for people who are unable to watch the programme in exchange for a blank DVD-R.

All I have to do is make sure I remember to record the programme. I'm sure someone will remind me nearer the time...

Just a reminder we'll record it too, so it's good the folks who can't see it can get their fix from a few pooled sources.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 18:45

Really looking forward to this. Completley passed me by til i got a reminder throught he email Laughing
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 14:28

Found some images from the show:

https://2img.net/h/oi36.tinypic.com/ofnes3.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi35.tinypic.com/qstr1h.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi36.tinypic.com/mil16p.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi34.tinypic.com/2vjsndw.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi36.tinypic.com/e5ntb6.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi35.tinypic.com/2ilkk8i.jpg

By the way, if non-UK users want to see the program, there's a live stream via Livestation available. It's not the best (it pauses a bit for me, sort of choppy - might be my connection), but at least you can view SBS without having to wait.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 23:44

Great pictures. Am so looking forward to this. It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and she can't wait too! How sad is it but it's all too quiet at moment, this is something well worth seeing! Will have the DVD at the ready to record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOUTH BANK SHOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUTH BANK SHOW   SOUTH BANK SHOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOUTH BANK SHOW
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next