elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow live in Toronto's Dome

Go down 
+2
heshofcheese
Charlie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Empty
PostSubject: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 17:54

My family were 4 of 50,000 people who had the pleasure of being iontroduced to Elbow last night at the Dome in Toronto where they opened for the outstanding Coldplay.
I think they just signed-up 50,000 new fans with a very professional and innovative styled performance. what agreat bamnd and style. Can't wait to get their music. Not sure which song it was but it opened with trumpets and the sound was astounding in the dome with the roof closed.
I am sure they will be seen on youtube this evening.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 18:14

Welcome to the forum, Charlie!

The song with trumpets is called Starlings, the opening track off the bands latest LP The Seldom Seen Kid.

Enjoy your voyage of discovery in Elbow land! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 02:54

They were amazing last night! I'm so glad more Torontonians are discovering Elbow now. Hopefully this means bigger and more frequent tours of North America in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 16:29

This thread makes me all warm inside. Great to see people who hadn't heard of the band before the Coldplay tour enjoying them enough to come and let us know.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly#42
fallen angel
fallen angel
Butterfly#42

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 17:00

Very awesome Charlie!
I'm new to the forum, but have known of Elbow for awhile now and fell in love with their music.
Great forum by the way Smile

Does anyone know what Elbow's setlist has been for their "supporting Coldplay" shows?
(Starlings, Grounds For Divorce, One Day Like This, TLOATCD, I've heard were on it)
I'm going to see Coldplay on Aug - with Elbow! - and was just curious.
~ Emily Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Butterfly#42 on Mon 10 Aug 2009, 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 18:50

In Toronto they played Starlings, Bones of You, Mirrorball, Station Approach, Grounds for Divorce, and One Day Like This. I have heard slightly different setlists for other Coldplay shows though..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 16:55

Station Approach totally caught me off-guard since I was (at that point) expecting Grouds For Divorce (assuming they were doing the opening punch of Seldom Seen Kid as a way of promoting the new album)... great (albeit FAR too short) setlist... but it was the reason I went to Coldplay, and it was worth every penny.

And Coldplay put on an alright show, too... [smirk]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live in Toronto's Dome   Elbow live in Toronto's Dome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow live in Toronto's Dome
Page 1 of 1