elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alpine Valley

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
salparadise
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Alpine Valley Empty
PostSubject: Alpine Valley   Alpine Valley Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:33

A beautiful summer afternoon featured Elbow as the openers for Coldplay. Since it was my first time seeing them, I was over the moon with anticipation. They were amazing. They opened with Station Approach and played Bones of You, Grounds for Divorce, The Loneliness of Tower Crane Driver, Mirrorball (introduced as a song for the day after you've fallen in love), and finished with One Day Like This. In my excitement, I didn't write them down in exact order, sorry.

The crowd really responded positively to them. There were pockets of people standing immediately as they started, our group included. Guy pointed to various groups who were standing and sang to them during One Day Like This, saving our gang halfway up the pavilion for last. It was a nice touch.

I can say that when they finished One Day Like This, the audience roared with approval. I've never seen an audience take to an opening band so fully. After this tour with Coldplay, a lot more of America will know and love Elbow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagospurs.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Alpine Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Valley   Alpine Valley Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 15:41

Lovely sal, thanks for posting this! Nice to see another fan posting in the US, because it can get a little lonely here! But as you said, after this slot opening for Coldplay, I am also hoping that the buzz on Elbow will - FINALLY! - pick up some momentum in the States. Crazy to think that this album's been out for over a year now, and folks on this side of the pond are only just discovering it! But better late than never, and the more the merrier! cheers BTW, I see your location is Chicago - my first time seeing Elbow live was last April in Chicago at the Park West - great venue and great show.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Alpine Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Valley   Alpine Valley Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 22:02

Sounds wonderful Sal!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
salparadise
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Alpine Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Valley   Alpine Valley Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 14:39

Thanks to the both of you.

Unfortunately, Chrissie, I discovered Elbow 4 months after they played Park West. Boo!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagospurs.org
Sponsored content

Alpine Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Valley   Alpine Valley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alpine Valley
Page 1 of 1