elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gig Buddies

Go down 
+5
Kim
al
My Bury Vest
redliz2
WOBLEwoble
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Gig Buddies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 20:39

Lesley Gilks wrote:
This is a great idea! My hubby's not that interested in my type of music ( with a few exceptions), so to have someone to go with is always a bonus.
Maybe, we can post any gigs that we have coming up.i have a spare ticket for the Franz ferdinand gig on the 23rd of october at the Brixton Academy, if anyone is interested.
Lesley

I'm going to that gig (with a big bunch of mates)
I LOVE Franz cheers
You are very welcome to join us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 06:54

Hi! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you but I was off line for a couple of months, don't ask!

How did you find the Franz Ferdinand gig? Loved it and them but the sound system was WAY too loud and my ears didn't stop ringing until the Monday afternoon. At one stage, I was hearing things and thought I'd have to call InjuryLawers4U and sue their little skinny butts! affraid

Anybody else going to the Muse gigs! I know it's months off but it's never too early to start planning.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:15

Lesley Gilks wrote:
Hi! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you but I was off line for a couple of months, don't ask!

How did you find the Franz Ferdinand gig? Loved it and them but the sound system was WAY too loud and my ears didn't stop ringing until the Monday afternoon. At one stage, I was hearing things and thought I'd have to call InjuryLawers4U and sue their little skinny butts! affraid

Anybody else going to the Muse gigs! I know it's months off but it's never too early to start planning.

I'm going to both next year. Very Happy Got my tickets. Just seen them at Sheffield - WOW WOW.
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:17

Lesley Gilks wrote:

They were ace!
They have really grown into a fantastic live act this year ...have real stature as performers and Alex as a front man is brilliant .
Dare I say I much prefer them live to on record ...apart from a few tracks, I barely listen to them otherwise ..they seem 'flat' Shocked

i'm going to Muse at LCCC cheers am planning a Muser meet/ party the Friday night ... bounce
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:36

I loved it and I will be there the next time they go on tour.
I've got all three of their albums but I mostly listen to them as individal tracks as part of my play- lists. There are some bands that I can't listen to one song after another. I think it's because they say that they make music that girls can dance to, but that means there's no let up and it gets too much. Great for concerts though as it's intense and there's loads of energy. I hope they learn to temper things down a little and then they will have a more rounded sound. One of my current favourite tracks is Walk Away. Great song!
Lesley

P.S I'm going to Wembley
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 21:47

redliz2 wrote:
Lesley Gilks wrote:

They were ace!
They have really grown into a fantastic live act this year ...have real stature as performers and Alex as a front man is brilliant .
Dare I say I much prefer them live to on record ...apart from a few tracks, I barely listen to them otherwise ..they seem 'flat' Shocked

i'm going to Muse at LCCC cheers am planning a Muser meet/ party the Friday night ... bounce

Let me know about meeting up nearer the time - would love to make it. I've got my ticket for LCCC and Wembley. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 15:52

It's a date! sunny
Planning to get there early so we get a good spot...not sure what I'm going to do afterwards, though. I only just caught the coach home, after the Franz gig. I had a 40min dash from Brixton to Earl's Court and it rolled up just as I arrived at the stop, out of breath and mightily relieved. I didn't fancy spending the night at Earl's Court tube station! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gig Buddies   Gig Buddies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gig Buddies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: