elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I-Tunes Live In London

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

I-Tunes Live In London Empty
PostSubject: I-Tunes Live In London   I-Tunes Live In London Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 14:55

I love this gig but why is it only available in crappy MP3 quality? When are i-tunes going to start providing their stuff in higher quality formats? Does anyone know if there is a lossless version of this gig doing the rounds?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I-Tunes Live In London   I-Tunes Live In London Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 16:47

It's in iTunes plus quality, which is very good, not lossless but I defy you to tell the difference!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I-Tunes Live In London   I-Tunes Live In London Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 17:21

You picked the wrong person to defy. I can spot the difference every time. I work in the Hifi industry so I'm very fussy about sound quality. lol

The i-tunes plus quality is better than standard MP3, but no match for an uncompressed recording. I can't wait for the day that broadband speeds in this country get to a level where we can download uncompressed audio files in the same sort of time that we cureently download MP3. Sadly, that looks like being some way off. Although we are getting there... slowly.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I-Tunes Live In London   I-Tunes Live In London Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 17:25

You know I was writing those words thinking..."I'm only screwed if he's a hifi buff or audio professional"...I should listen to myself more often!

Still I, and most others, can't tell the difference, certainly not with AAC, which is loads better than mp3.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I-Tunes Live In London   I-Tunes Live In London Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I-Tunes Live In London
Page 1 of 1