elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow supporting Muse in 2003

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Empty
PostSubject: Elbow supporting Muse in 2003   Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 22:33

Hey all,

I've been trying to remember what setlists Elbow were playing back at the end of 2003 when they supported Muse. I saw them at Wembley Arena and Exeter Westpoint Arena, but stupidly never made a note of what was played... I do remember that at the very least they played Red, Switching Off, New Born, Bitten By The Tailfly and Grace Under Pressure. There can't have been too many other songs given that they were support sets, but I just can't remember what... Fugitive Motel was probably in there, hmm.

Was anyone here at the same gigs and can remember, or has got a record of what was played?

Thanks so much if anyone can help!!

Kim xx
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow supporting Muse in 2003   Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 23:50

According to THESE (click on reviews on right hand side of this link, and then 5th down "Supporting Muse nov/dec 2003")... they definitely played 6 songs as the support then, including Ribcage, Fallen Angel, Newborn, Switching Off and Grace...

the set of the Islington gig at beginning of 2004 that I was at was:

Ribcage
Fallen Angel
Red
Bitten By The Tailfly
Coming Second
I’ve Got Your Number
Fugitive Motel
Newborn
Switching Off
Any Day Now
Grace Under Pressure

They were interchanging by playing Snooks and Scattered and Powder Blue around that time too. Sets then (not as support) were usually 11 songs, though they did 14 and one untitled instrumental at Brixton, early 2004 included all these songs in the set.

I've a feeling that one of the songs in the supprt set may have Powder Blue? but I'll ask my friend who saw them at MEN with Muse (when Guy got hit with a fruit pastille in the eye) if she can remember what the other one was.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Elbow supporting Muse in 2003   Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 06:31

Ahh Fallen Angel, yes I think I remember that now. That added to the 5 I remember makes the 6 songs... thank you!!

I'm pretty sure they didn't play Powder Blue at the Wembley Arena one, though I missed the first half of their set at Exeter because of a 2 and a half hour train delay and was absolutely gutted!!

Last edited by Kim on Mon 13 Jul 2009, 06:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Elbow supporting Muse in 2003   Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 06:34

Oh I don't remember Ribcage though...!!

The 5 I remember plus Fallen Angel make the 6, I think they were even in this order:

Red
Fallen Angel
Bitten By The Tailfly
Switching Off
New Born
Grace Under Pressure
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Elbow supporting Muse in 2003   Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 06:35

I don't exactly remember Fugitive Motel but it seems to me like something they would have played at the time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow supporting Muse in 2003   Elbow supporting Muse in 2003 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow supporting Muse in 2003
Page 1 of 1