elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Culture Show

Go down 
+10
Cestriansteve
mrswoman
ChrissieInFL
nikkijaydee
Mr Woman
sparky
newborn
nellie
ticky
hilaryg
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

The Culture Show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 20:03

Knob
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 20:04

Absolutely. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 20:06

Speaking of panels, my friend was watching Loose Woman right after Elbow had one that Brit Award, and they were all like "Elbow? Who are they? And what kind of name is that." and making other lame comments. She was so pissed off she actually wrote a complaint letter to the show, something she would never do otherwise. LOL!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:56

I haven't been on here for a wee while. So am a wee bit behind, looks like a blast !
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 20:32

Watched the Culture Show tonight. A little bit on Elbow and the Halle. Nice little interview with "a very thirsty" Guy. Clips of Guy thanking the Halle, the crowd watching on the big screen and a rehearsal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lv7cn/The_Culture_Show_2009_2010_Manchester_International_Festival/
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 23:17

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwww I wanna do it all again bounce
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 06:13

Yeah, watched it myself, thought the little bit of footage show from the Bridgewater didn't really capture the atmosphere at all but the work and effort put in my both elbow and The Halle must have been exceptional....I'm rather proud of myself, 50 minutes of an intermittent Terry Christian and I didn't throw crockery at the TV. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 06:33

That is impressive. I wanted to throw things at them too. They are obviously too cool to realise or admit what an exceptional concert they were privilaged enough to witness.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 09:08

I wonder how many times Guy had to trot out the same answers to the same questions in interviews RE: the Halle cllaboration?

What he said to Lauren Laverne on the Culture Show two weeks ago was pretty much word-for-word what he said in the interview broadcast last night.

Presuming that the Bridgwater Hall interview was done during reheasals, it must have been "in the can" before Laverne collared him outside the Festival Pavilion (with us lot hanging around nonchalantly in the background, trying our hardest to look cosmopolitan and sophisticated Cool ).

IMHO, in hindsight, they should have shown last night's rehearsal interview on the earlier show as a preamble to the Laverne outdoor interview, with Miss Laverne perhaps focusing on the "Audience With", not just repeating the same questions the Culture Show had already asked him!

Is this an efficient use of licence payers' money? The same TV show asking the same questions to the same man but by different people?

Last night's show should have concentrated more on reviewing the Halle shows not wasting time telling us what we already knew.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 09:12

Agree
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 09:16

I also think that instead of always conffering with a panel of "experts" (and I use the term VERY loosely) why didn't they ask some of the humble spectators who witnessed this fantastic event? Instead of trying to rationalize and anayse why it was or wasn't worth while, why not check the reaction of the people it was meant for anyway? And why weren't any of the orchestra mwmbers or youth choir members interviewed? Their opinions would have been worthwhile too.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 12:33

sundaygirl wrote:
I also think that instead of always conffering with a panel of "experts" (and I use the term VERY loosely) why didn't they ask some of the humble spectators who witnessed this fantastic event?
Whenever puffed-up egos pass themselves off as 'experts', it's good to remember an alternative definition of the word:
"EX" as in has-been... "PERT (spurt)" as in drip under pressure. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 12:44

Oooo, well done!!! Absolutely. Just look at the X-factor. Experts? Huh.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 12:49

Took a while, but if anyone still hasn't seen it here's that second CS feature on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Show   The Culture Show - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Culture Show
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2