elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?

Go down 
+4
bluefield
My Bury Vest
Glendarian
Leo
8 posters

Alex James...
Legend!
Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_lcap38%Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
Ahh he's ok. Nothing special
Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_lcap44%Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Who?
Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_lcap13%Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Don't really like him
Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_lcap5%Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
What a knob 'ed!
Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_lcap0%Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Empty
PostSubject: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 14:07

I really like him; especially after reading his brilliant autobiography - Bit Of A Blur

But what do you think???
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 06:03

I've only read a few articles by him here and there but think he's great - like the rest of Blur. :-)
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 08:00

The way he used to play bass with his foppy fringe and cig out of his mouth, smiling like a bell end used to infuriate me.

However, these days he comes across well and he seems like a decent enough guy. Blur's reunion feels right, not like most of them these days.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:18

My Bury Vest I agree, but I think he made the bass a more accessible instrument. He tried to make it cool; so people would then learn the bass.

But yeh,nice fella.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 16:40

I don't think the bass was un cool pre Alex James myself, but I liked the way he handled the bass, he seems a decent sort of bloke who allegedly makes Cheese these days although he never off the bloody telly so where he finds time to perfect his cheese making skills I don't know, but yeah he's cool in my book
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 20:32

Alex James is a legend, as anyone who has seen Blur's Starshaped film will testify. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 19:53

Bloomin' eck - My daughter has just given me his autobiography to read. She couldn't believe it when at some point in the book he talks about an affair he had with Andrea from Newport (she used to be the singer in The Darling Buds). My daughter screeched with surprise, because Andrea is her acting teacher. Small world eh!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 21:59

Legendary knob-head.
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 13:48

Why do people keep referring to Blur's tour being a reunion? They never split up. All that's happened is that the original guitarist has re-joined the band.

It's not exactly a reunion like The Police who hadn't played together for 25 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?   Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex James: Legend or knob 'ed?
Page 1 of 1