elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow @ Pinkpop

Go down 
+2
Tailfly
verheij
6 posters
AuthorMessage
verheij
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 22:50

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/tv/#/41129661/42035216/30

Weather to Fly and One day like this live from the Pinkpop festival!
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 16:15

Ive been wanting to see this, thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 16:58

Did it make anybody else laugh when Jupp threw his drumsticks... or was it just me lol!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 17:07

Jupp always makes me laugh in W T F - he's always got a huge grin on his face.

Does anyone else think the roadie at the beginning looks like the vampire in BBC3's 'Being Human'?
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 17:52

Ah that was great, thankyou Very Happy
Mark looks really young like he should be in Mcfly or one of those 'young' bands Wink
Wonder if they'll do any festivals next year? or will they be too busy with the new album? it'll be odd not to see them turn up at any cos they always seem to play loads, when you think about it they do work hard.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 17:18

Back to top Go down
Diaan
fallen angel
fallen angel
Diaan

Female Number of posts : 41

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 18:15

Audio recordings of Pinkpop

Over at the ning community site Lucky With Disease asked me to translate this interview they did at Pinkpop
So here we go...

Elbow never gets on stage without a drink
"We really play better that way"

The guys of Elbow don't need much to put on a good show. Except for a drink, that's routine. After three beers bassist Pete Turner tells why he would have prefered to play the Pinkpop festival at an other time.

Elbow @ Pinkpop 2009
WHI: Pete Turner, Elbow
WAAR: Pinkpop 2009
WHEN: Saturday afternoon, 15:00h

WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU'VE DONE THIS WEEK?
"The show in your club, Desmet, that was awesome. Small shows like that are always great fun, the audience is much closer. You can see who's in front of you. These are also the shows I'm most nervous for. On a big stage the distance is too big, that's not exciting anymore."

WHAT'S THE BEST THING YOU HAVE PLANNED THIS SUMMER?
"The last show of our tour, at The Arena in Manchester. That will be a party for sure. Our friends and family will be there as well and we'll finally be home. If you're always on tour it's fantastic to be home, so I think I won't plan a vacation yet."

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORIT FESTIVAL STORY?
"I don't really have one. There always happens something, but there's nothing that comes to mind right now"

IS THERE SOMETHING YOU ALWAYS DO BEFORE YOU GET ON STAGE?
"Drink. We never go on stage sober, it just makes you feel a bit more relaxed. A couple of years back we did do it, at a festival in Seattle. It was a seated concert and it was being recorded so we wanted to look our best, but is played like crap. With a drink we play better."

WHO SOULD HAVE REPLACED DEPECHE MODE ON SUNDAY EVENING? (DM would headline the second festival day but had to cancel)
"Interpol. They're alway good and for me the best band at the moment. All albums they released are good and at whatever spot you put them, they always have a good show. And they would have fitted perfectly at this festival, especially after Placebo."

WHAT'S THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND THE BOSS?
"He's really a professional. And we aren't, haha. No, he's been around for so long and he just keeps getting better. I hope we're doing that as well, but you can't compare. I've never seen him live so I'm really looking forward to tonight. I think it's a shame we're not on the same day as Snow Patrol, we run in to them quite a lot at festivals and I would have liked to see them here as well. They should have put us on the same day here, it would have fitted, music wise."
Back to top Go down
http://www.dianabroeders.nl
verheij
newborn
newborn

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 18:22

I don't seem to get the download going..

Can you past on maybe mediafile...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 18:25

Ach, you beat me to it Diaan!Very Happy

The Rapidshare d/l limit's been reached, but I've got the whole of Pinkpop down as an MP3. Will chop and deal with via Ning probably early next week.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Diaan
fallen angel
fallen angel
Diaan

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 18:26

I'll upload it to mediafire...

They sould be up here in 30 minutes or so. Simply numbered from 1 to 11.

Last edited by Diaan on Fri 12 Jun 2009, 18:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
verheij
newborn
newborn

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 18:29

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Diaan
fallen angel
fallen angel
Diaan

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 18:32

mrswoman wrote:
Ach, you beat me to it Diaan!Very Happy

I didn't record and upload them. Someone on an other forum did. I just pass the message along Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elbow @ Pinkpop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow @ Pinkpop   Elbow @ Pinkpop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow @ Pinkpop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: