elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doves in Manchester

Go down 
+2
Dabamash
sundaygirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Doves in Manchester Empty
PostSubject: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 17:50

Hi,
I missed the Doves' show in Manchester Saturday but I heard there was a fight? Were they City fans? No offense to City fans, but at a lot of shows I've been to, including Elbow, they are the ones who have caused trouble.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 21:40

Blah, went to see them last friday in Leeds. Cancelled due to band illness. Back in 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 09:50

Hi Sunday Girl,

I'm a mad City fan and was there, opposite side to where it kicked off, I couldn't see anything from my vantage point. To be honest, I've personally never seen City fans, to my knowledge, cause any mither at any gig I've been to.

As I've stated on the Blackpool thread, I go bananas at gigs but am always mindful and respectful of those around me, as my mates are. Incidentally the Doves gig was absolutely amazing, as I thought the atmosphere after the stoppage might have deteriorated. KOR as really grabbed me now after listening to it after the concert.

Great gig and no offence taken, give me your Halle ticket and we'll call it quits ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 10:10

Ha ha ha ha !!! NEVER!!!!

No, I don't mean offense. I just had a really bad experience with some City fans at the second Elbow Apollo gig. There were these truly horrible people there, one girl in particular who was talking LOUDLY through the whole gig, and when I glanced at her she said "if that girl looks at me one more time I'll kick ehr ass" And then she and her friends started yelling insults at me. And they kept shouting BLUE MOOOON! and I could tell, during New born, that Guy was really annoyed. So...
But I also have good friends who are City fans so there you go.

Oh, and I am all for exuberence at gigs. I am known to sing loudly and heartily along to all the songs!

I'm really curious about the fight though....
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 10:20

No problem at all. I was at the first Elbow Apollo gig and it was fine where I was but heard of problems elsewhere. I cannot STAND it when people talk through the songs (Elbow @ Blackpool near the bar, springs to mind), especially the quieter ones, of which Doves have one or two. At the Ritz last Friday, over 3/4's of PJ Harvey/JP's set Ididn't know, but I listened intently.

I had a dreadful flashback yesterday, when my dancing to Spaceface whirled through my mind, you know whats it like, you think you're in The Hac in 88 but really that was 20 years ago and your body and dancing have aged in quality and fail to synchronize !! but hey, if you could bottle how you 'feel' at that moment...........
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 20:58

I can understand knobs going to Oasis gigs but Elbow and Doves for christs sake
Back to top Go down
Rockport
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:26

My Bury Vest wrote:

I go bananas at gigs but am always mindful and respectful of those around me, as my mates are. Incidentally the Doves gig was absolutely amazing, as I thought the atmosphere after the stoppage might have deteriorated. KOR as really grabbed me now after listening to it after the concert.
Very Happy

Were there about three or four of you, all dancing and singing together about a third of the way down left of stage near the wall?
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 05:51

Rockport, I'm getting a bit scared now. Yeah, I was with my mate stood down there and we were stood with 3 younger lads, so we all got into the tunes together. I was the one in the sky blue jacket !!

Yikes. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 13:13

I'm very much looking forward to Brixton tonight.
Back to top Go down
Rockport
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 16:38

My Bury Vest wrote:
Rockport, I'm getting a bit scared now. Yeah, I was with my mate stood down there and we were stood with 3 younger lads, so we all got into the tunes together. I was the one in the sky blue jacket !!

Yikes. Embarassed

lol! you were clocked! We were right next to you - It was nice to see you having such a great time!

Top gig, eh? despite the numpties kicking off at Jimi. Evil or Very Mad

Can't wait for Delamere - that'll be a gig and a half, too.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 05:51

Nice one Rockport, you wonder the morning after if you celebrated their music a little too much !

Pondering Delamere but I've friends that have been their before and the transport links are poor back to Manchester so I think I'll sack it and wait for an autumn date, possibly at The Apollo where I've seen them before.

Enjoy the gig mate.
Back to top Go down
Rockport
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 10:44

My Bury Vest wrote:

Pondering Delamere but I've friends that have been their before and the transport links are poor back to Manchester so I think I'll sack it and wait for an autumn date, possibly at The Apollo where I've seen them before.

Enjoy the gig mate.

Nooo, no you must go!! I saw Elbow there last year. The train station's literally five minutes walk away and it's just the best open air venue - really, you need to try and get there!! There's loads of free car parking too.

Anyways, if you don't get to that one, I'll most certainly 'see you' at an autumn gig as I will definitely be there too! Party!

Cheers MBV! Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doves in Manchester   Doves in Manchester Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doves in Manchester
Page 1 of 1