elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snookered!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jools
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Snookered! Empty
PostSubject: Snookered!   Snookered! Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009, 13:16

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and have found it excellent for finding out info on gigs/festivals but unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to get to any of them Crying or Very sad

Me and my better half are mad Elbow fans and would love to travel to see them play in other countries but the costs and the logistical challenge of getting people to look after 3 kids and a dog is stopping us booking. We had hoped to get tickets for Bridgewater Hall but the touts got there before us (anyone seen the ridiculous prices on ebay?) and 5 festival tickets (the kids would have to come too!) is again beyond our reach.

So without appearing to be moaning (I am a bit!) the only option for us is to try and go to Manchester on the night and try and get a couple of tickets outside. Does any one rate our chances and what would be a decent budget? We don't live too far away so I'm prepared to give it a go but would rather hear from people who may have done this before-I'm a complete novice at this. Many thanks for all advice/comments. Smile
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Snookered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snookered!   Snookered! Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 14:09

Hi Jools,

No doubt the touts will be out in Manchester on the night, so who can say on your budget?
Just hope you get lucky on some genuine fans who have someone drop out last minute, and return their spares to the boxoffice that day or you get lucky and have a contact yourself.
No doubt there will be others doing the same as yourself, if they still havn't got a ticket by the night.

Quote from an email from Bridgewater Box Office Supervisor
Quote :
In the case of Elbow and the Hallé, we were not permitted to publicise the event prior to the Manchester International Festival launch and the tickets sold out very quickly after the Festival on-sale announcement. For sold out concerts, occasionally a small number of additional tickets are released on the day of the event, so it is worth giving the Box Office a call if you still require tickets.

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Jools
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Snookered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snookered!   Snookered! Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 18:48

Hi & thanks for the info in your reply.

I will be on the phone to the box office first thing and if no luck we will still go down on the night. I suppose I'd be prepared to pay over the odds for tickets but nothing too silly.

Plea to Elbow... please play another small gig this year up North! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snookered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snookered!   Snookered! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snookered!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: