elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?

Go down 
+40
Paulo Paulo
@MrIanGibson
Bennington
NeonChoir
Eag
Dano
Lynne
chan
redliz2
LongLegs
fadeupyoursmile
Kim
takemeanywhere
Grant
Skeletor
Cestriansteve
sundaygirl
My Bury Vest
Lesley Gilks
Jones
Leo
Emma G
ChrissieInFL
Hotblack
ticky
Lillybef
MagicalTrevor
Dobz
Mr Woman
ElbowFreak
Topaz
ChrissyBoy
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Stockhaus
bluefield
mrswoman
heshofcheese
TamedLamia
bluejayway
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 16:19

I can't abide Mariah Carey - putrid songs, putrid voice - no real emotion.
Dido
Minnie Ripperton - That blasted song haunts me from my childhood - Loving yoooouuuuuu - screech, screech screech.
All the usual X factor/plastic princess garbage/Simon Cowell (God rot his eyes)
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 09:32

I'm with everyone else on the whole Cowell /X Factor stuff. It isn't music, it's product to be consumed and should be treated as such. It's mogadon for the masses. Dull, repetitive, empty and dreary.

Oasis - Definitely Maybe and half of Morning Glory is excellent. Forget the rest.

I can't be doing with Rap/R 'n' B either. Just doesn't connect with me. Again most of it is product to make money and has no real musical integrity.

Whoever thought Madonna was a) musically good and b) good looking is IMHO seriously deluded.

Never got the much of the 80's (and that was my late teens/ early twenties). New Romantics, ABC, Spandau, the Duranies, Stock Aitken Waterman (the 80's equivallent of Cowell) FFS Rolling Eyes

Having said that there's tons of stuff I love. I have over 300 different artists on my MP3 player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 11:15

Forgot to mention Madonna - completely agree with you Hotblack.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 16:18

If I never hear another song by Celine Dion it will be too soon. Worst. Performer. EVER. Also have an issue with Oasis, as some of y'all have mentioned, and with Madonna. I know I'm supposed to like Modest Mouse, but I don't. And (whisper it) Bob Dylan really gets up my nose too. I can read his lyrics and they're gorgeous, but listening to him is another thing entirely. Just can't handle it!
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 17:30

Two words. Lighthouse Family!
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 17:54

OASIS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 19:02

Right, first let me say that I don't actually hate any bands/artists. I mean, I don't know these people and they could be lovely.
However, if any kind of rap-music comes on, I switch the station. It's just not for me. Sure, I know the lyrics are supposed to be clever and all that, but I can't bear it!
I feel the same about the Kings of Leon. It's not even the music. It's yer man's voice! It just goes through my brain. I've heard bits of them on the radio (not knowing it was them) and thinking, 'Mmm, that's not bad...' until the singing starts. Ow. Ow. Ow. It's horrible. Turn it OFF!!! Turn it OFF!!!
(Ahem, didn't think I would get so fired up by this, lol!)
Anyway, sorry 'bout the unexpected rant!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 19:48

Hehe - How could I forget Celine Deon. And I agree with ChrissieINFL Dylan's voice = Mad , but his lyrics are great.

I know what a lot of you mean, when you REALLY want to like a band but you can't. I had that experience with Duffy, I liked a couple of her song, tried so hard to like the album, and ended up hating it, I'm still bitter about her stealing that Brit Award Mad
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 12:15

Mariah Carey Pah Exclamation Mariah the Pariah we call her in our household. I heard that during the Live 8 concert, she stayed in her trailer the whole day while all the other acts mingled back stage. When it came time for her to go on, some minders had to carry her there because her heels were so high she would have got stuck in the mud Mad
I hate all the "divas" It's just an excuse for moronic behaviour. They think they can all sing but they should listen to k d lang or George Michael for a few pointers.
R&B used to be Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder and the likes of Ray Charles, not a vehicle to make as much money as possible.
I hope I haven't upset anyone...I'm new here so please don't take offence!
Lesley
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:54

Lesley Gilks wrote:
Mariah Carey Pah Exclamation Mariah the Pariah we call her in our household. I heard that during the Live 8 concert, she stayed in her trailer the whole day while all the other acts mingled back stage. When it came time for her to go on, some minders had to carry her there because her heels were so high she would have got stuck in the mud Mad
I hate all the "divas" It's just an excuse for moronic behaviour. They think they can all sing but they should listen to k d lang or George Michael for a few pointers.
R&B used to be Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder and the likes of Ray Charles, not a vehicle to make as much money as possible.
Lesley

Nah, anyone who dislikes Mariah Carey is OK with me...especially if she's a fellow Lady of a Certain Age! We can do no wrong! Laughing

Also forgot to mention how much Sting gets on my nerves. Even when he was with the Police he was an insufferable bastard, and it was even more tough to like him when he "discovered" jazz on his first solo album (yeah, white guy, you got there first and you know all there is to know about THAT musical genre...whatever!). Then he anointed himslef the savior of the rainforests and I just had to give up on him altogether. I can still listen to and enjoy some Police albums, even though I was never big into them. But his solo stuff pretty much makes me retch.

And don't get me started on Phil Collins' post-Genesis stuff. I know we have many Genesis fans in here but...Sussudio?!?!? Puhleeease! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 14:01

Ooh...it's good to let it all out Mad Saves taking it out on the dog Exclamation geek
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 14:06

Yes, I'm Italian and not very good at holding it in...especially about music, because when I don't like something I REALLY don't like it!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 15:42

ChrissieInFL wrote:
And don't get me started on Phil Collins' post-Genesis stuff. I know we have many Genesis fans in here but...Sussudio?!?!? Puhleeease! Evil or Very Mad

'Genesis' and 'Collins Solo' should never be mentioned in the same breath, let alone written in the same paragraph. I'm with you on that one Chrissie. Can't stand him on his own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 21:09

Lesley Gilks wrote:
Lesley

No I agree totally with you about R 'n' B. And don't worry I don't think you've offended anyone 'cause you spot on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 10:16

yeah there is something disagreeable about both Sting and Phil Collins
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 12:01

Crikey, where do I start ?

Mariah, Celine et al, well, it's like someone screeching their nails down a blackboard, truly evil. Death Metal sounds appealing compared that crock.
The Kooks definitely try too hard to be cool and fail to engage me totally, really dislike them.
Most RnB, Ne Yo especially, would love to see him in the street and tip his infuriating trilby onto the road.

Finally, Jack Johnson, say no more. The music of Satan.

There's loads more but feel this little section of therapy has helped.........

tongue
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 21:07

Ha Jack Johnson makes me laugh so much every song makes me think of Flight of the Conchords
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 16:22

bluefield wrote:
Ha Jack Johnson makes me laugh so much every song makes me think of Flight of the Conchords
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jul 2009, 10:23

I utterly despise and loathe Lily Allen to the very core of her being. When I hear Pulp's "Common People" it makes me think he wrote it for scumbags like her:
"Cos everybody hates a tourist, especially those who think it's such a laugh - yeah, and the chip-stains and grease will come off in the bath."

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 21:14

Franz Ferdinand. The lead singer is a complete twat! That out-of-tune performance at the Brits a couple of years ago was laughable. How can a band that can't play live be nominated for best British band?

You can throw in Scouting For Girls with their repetitive nonsense. The Feeling & Kaiser Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 08:45

Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2
My Chemical Romance
Incubus
Seether
Coldplay(after the release of X&Y)
Lily Allen
Keane
The Offspring
Green Day

I could go on like this for a couple of hours
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 08:55

Not bad, but really, Lily should be at the top....
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 09:04

I hate soooooo many of her songs, but some of them, I don't actually mind Embarassed I really dislike her as a person, but some of her songs are ok Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 09:29

Scouting For Girls, The Kooks, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, The Kooks and JLS all launched into a bonfire. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 14:26

My Bury Vest wrote:
Scouting For Girls, The Kooks, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, The Kooks and JLS all launched into a bonfire. Twisted Evil

The Kooks: so loathsome, he shamed them twice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next