elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 17:18

...anyone any opinion on them ?

I really like their new single, Zero.. sounds good to me.

Is their other stuff any good ?
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 08:22

The album, It's Blitz, is excellent, very different from their previous oftimes abrasive guitar driven sound. Very definately still rock and roll, but very synth driven.

Album highlights include Zero, the almost disco "Heads Will Roll", "Soft Shock", which throbs and shimmers, "Dull Life" which actually reminds me a little of Siouxsie & The Banshees, and the euphoric "Hysteric".

Good stuff, IMO.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 17:30

Cheers Mr K. Think i'll download the album, does have that 'retro' synth early 80's throb about it.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 06:58

ChrissyBoy....Zero is great, aye, will bow to Mr K's knowledge on the new LP which I haven't got yet. Got the previous 2 albums of which the debut is the best, Fever to Tell, from which Pin, Maps, Date with the Night and Y Control all blast out from. Gold Lion and Cheated Hearts are probably best from Show Your Bones. Early stuff is very angular with Karen O's vocals absolutely superb, from yelping like someone deranged,to vulnerable and sensitive. Haven't seem the live but would love to.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:54

Anyone see Kare O's outfit at T In The Park ? She looked fantastic, like a cross between some multi coloured chicken and a cheer leader ! don't think the band sounded altogether brilliant but am in the process of getting tickets for Manchester in December amongst all the fashionista's that attend their gigs. Looks like I'll have to upgrade from my usual 'Lost Souls' T shirt, jeans and vintage Adidas trainers !!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 06:42

Went to see them last night at the Manchester Apollo, and it was just an incredible gig.

As usual, her outfits were 'out there' and tailored to whatever type of song they were singing, probably 3 or 4 different ones. Her stage presence was mesmeric and Brian and Nick really complimented her fantastically, definitely ensuring it wasn't a one 'man' show.

The crowd were brilliant, very vocal and exhuberant and the gig just had the prettiest girls of any show I've been to, haha ! Shame then that I had to 'endure' intermittent advances from a very drunk and young girl who was doing the rounds in there trying to cop off, hey, if I was 10 years younger !!!

Heads Will Roll, Cheated Hearts and Date With The Night were major highlights for me, accompanied by a most beautiful acoustic version of Maps.

Best gig of the year for me, barring the Halle/Elbow gigs, naturally !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 16:10

Sounds like a great time.

I've really enjoyed the album, was definately worth it.
Also noticed it was in the top ten somewhere in the Sunday Times list of top albums of this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs   Yeah Yeah Yeahs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Page 1 of 1