elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Decemberists

Go down 
+12
theredroom
Mollyb
Mr Woman
yesman
ticky
al
nellie
My Bury Vest
sundaygirl
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
Glendarian
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

The Decemberists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 14:30

I think it's bloody rude, considering they cancelled dates in Bristol last time they were over here! I wanna seeeee them
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 15:03

I wouldn't mind seeing them either, but..Wednesday/Thursday night. In London. In November. No thanks.

Hopefully, these might be a couple of "suck-it-and-see" dates to be followed up by a more wide-ranging tour in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 15:32

I want to go too but just can't make it. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 15:50

I'm not pleased either about the London-only (especially midweek) dates and hoping there'll be a more wide-ranging tour soon too, but as this is going to be full-on Hazards of Love with the guest vocalists (that is assuming the Glendarian Gig Jinx doesn't kick in and spoil things again) I doubt that'll happen again and I'm just too impulsive (or daft) to resist - I'm lucky enough to have relatives who live just round the corner too, which helps...
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 16:04

Hi Glendarian - which day are you going?
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 16:17

Wednesday, Kentish Town, how about you?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 16:35

I'm waiting to see how much money I earn this month - the property market has been shocking over the summer and quite frankly, I'm broke at the moment! It seems a damn shame to miss them though.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 16:45

Good luck - I hope things look up and you can make it!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 17:34

al wrote:
I think it's bloody rude, considering they cancelled dates in Bristol last time they were over here! I wanna seeeee them
Yeah. and i had tickets and EVERYTHING... Not happy!
I raised this with the record company... they suggested i went to the gig they're putting on in the Netherlands, because that one IS on a weekend. There's a flaw there!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 20:28

Defo not going now - I forgot that I have already booked tickets for Flaming Lips in Birmingham on 17th Nov. That really would be too excessive.
Back to top Go down
yesman
friend of ours
friend of ours
yesman

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 22:04

Just couldn't miss the opportunity to see them perform the whole of Hazards of Love.

Took the plunge and will be seeing them at the Coronet Theatre in the Elephant and Castle, South London.

It sounds an interesting place judging by their web site.

Will worry about the logistics of getting there and where to stay nearer the time !!!
Back to top Go down
Mollyb
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mollyb

Female Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 10:52

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people. Living in Belfast and I had tickets for the last tour that they cancelled. So this time around I'm totally gutted that they're not coming back to Ireland. The one and only time I did get to see them in Dublin the place was packed and it was a brilliant gig so I'm kinda annoyed at the situation now.
I absolutely cannot afford to go to London midweek to see them and it's a bit unfair of them to expect us to. Sad

Devestated.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 11:18

I agree completely!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 14:24

For those of us unable to make the upcoming gigs The Decemberists will be on 'Later with Jools Holland' playing tracks from The Hazards of Love, next Tuesday 17th Nov and the extended edition on the following Friday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 14:28

THanks for the heads-up (I'm a lucky one (or completely bonkers for trekking all that way...) so it'll be a nice aperitif... Wink), and for reminding me about the South Bank Show too. :-)
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 23:54

Hotblack wrote:
For those of us unable to make the upcoming gigs The Decemberists will be on 'Later with Jools Holland' playing tracks from The Hazards of Love, next Tuesday 17th Nov and the extended edition on the following Friday.
Oh FUCK yes!
Back to top Go down
Mollyb
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mollyb

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009, 10:21

Excellent. At least I'll get to see some sort of gig. Sniff
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 19:59

One song but... HAwwwwwwww!
I wish so hard i could go to any of the London gigs, i need to see this band so bad!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 20:46

I've just watched it on iplayer - they sounded absolutely fantastic. Just think - Glendarian is watching them as I'm writing this.... lucky, lucky woman!
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 16:01

I was indeed (there, and lucky, lucky)!!! They were absolutely amazing, even better than my expectations, which were sky high as it was (have I gushed enough...? Wink) Hazards was totally brilliant; I felt so privileged to be seeing it with everyone together, what a show it was too. Everything you'd hope for and more. (And Shara Worden looked me right in the eye during the You-ooo-ooo bit... Very Happy). The second half was a total party, Colin was on fine form with the wit and banter and loads of hilarious audience participation. I've been known to say there's only one person can get me to clap and sing along etc. and that's our own Mr Garvey, well he's been joined in that talent my Colin Meloy now. And we got a preview of a new song, something about winter, a lovely quieter emotional one.

Anyway hope Yesman and anyone else who's going tonight enjoys it as much as I did. Smile He did mention something about "see you next year" before going off for the encore - whether he meant it or was just referring to the fact they'd be offstage for a while I don't know but there's hope.

(Just part of a really hectic week, I might be able to sit down and watch my South Bank Show tape tonight!)
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 16:38

Fantastic! I'm so pleased that you had a good time G. Hey, you never know, they might do a nationwide tour next year (fingers crossed). I'm hoping for Cardiff or Bristol. I can't believe you haven't seen SBS yet - ENJOY!
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 07:17

Let's hope they watch what they eat next time (I bet they brought a fridge-full of their own food this week Wink)

Yup I got a quiet evening in and managed to watch SBS last night - wonderful! Our Sky box/satellite has been playing up in all this weather and I was dreading switching it on and finding the thing had frozen in the middle of it - but the Elbow magic worked its charms on our TV as well as on me... Very Happy Let's hope the Decemberists do too - crap reception meant I missed them on Jools Holland on Tuesday, so hope I can get to see it tonight (I couldn't find it on iPlayer and assumed it wouldn't be up till tonight - will have another look) and see how they came across. The Rake (someone in the audience said that was what they played) was such fun live!
Back to top Go down
Mollyb
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mollyb

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 17:21

Aww man, just had a look at the song on the iplayer. Damn it looked good and sounded even better. Boo. So gutted I didn't get to see them. Sad
Back to top Go down
yesman
friend of ours
friend of ours
yesman

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 14:02

Glendarian wrote:

Anyway hope Yesman and anyone else who's going tonight enjoys it as much as I did. Smile

Did indeed . Lived up to what I was hoping for.

Highlight was the inflatable whale that made an appearance for the Mariners Revenge !!

Just a privalege to be there

Only gripe was that we decided on seats in the circle, and certain inconsiderate persons kept standing up at the front to take photos etc , partially obscuring the view.

Made worse by the Coronet management letting an "official" photographer do the same !

Had I known , I might have plumped for standing instead . At least you can move around if you are unsighted .

Anyway, it did not ruin what was a great gig.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 21:07

ticky wrote:
Fantastic! I'm so pleased that you had a good time G. Hey, you never know, they might do a nationwide tour next year (fingers crossed). I'm hoping for Cardiff or Bristol. I can't believe you haven't seen SBS yet - ENJOY!
Bristol.
BRISTOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Decemberists   The Decemberists - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Decemberists
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: