elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow to Support Coldplay

Go down 
+9
ukkonen
Leo
Jones
Stockhaus
emma
MagicalTrevor
Dabamash
Topaz
erasure
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 21:40

Yeah, I jokingly put in two tickets for the best seats available but then found out it would cost over $200 for the tickets! Not worth the expense at all especially when gas + meal is factored in. I'll be waiting impatiently for them to come around by themselves instead.

And I was looking at the Coldplay tour dates. There are reasonable gaps between the dates, so I'm hoping for a sideshow.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 18:23

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Yeah, speaking as a musician myself I feel hurt by this...Wink

Well, ahem Embarassed I suppose I'd better fess up that I only ended up here in Ireland cause I was following a very dishy bass-player over... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Those tickets look quite expensive. However, I would have no hesitation about getting them anyway! Sounds like a GREAT show to me!
Back to top Go down
David Hasselhoff
newborn
newborn
David Hasselhoff

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 23:38

Can't stand CP. Hopefully Elbow will do some shows of their own?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 20:01

Very likely they will. It would be such a good opportunity to fit in a few! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 13:24

Not a Coldplay fan, so this isn't my idea of a great double bill, but I think it makes sense for them to do this tour. Gonna make a lot of new friends and fans over here with that exposure! And they'll be coming to Florida, which I CANNOT freakin' believe, but...too rich for my blood. Prices are steep, and it's a 5-hour drive for me to get there, so I'll have to add in gas and hotel room as well. I did go to Chicago to see 'em last year, so I will travel when I have to! But that trip was to see them headlining in an intimate venue where I could get right up front. To fight off a bunch of Coldplay fans in a ginormous amphitheatre so I can see them play maybe 6 songs, and pay a load of dosh that I don't really have to spare for the privilege...sorry, no can do. The Florida date is the last stop on the list for Elbow, though, so I will keep an eye out for secondary gigs they may do on their own...now THAT would be worth it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 19:42

I would be surprised if they didn't add in a few shows of their own.
It took them a while to announce the sideshows for Australia so I wouldn't give up hope yet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009, 13:55

Well, a friend of mine just said she wants to see Coldplay, and is considering a road trip...if we can split gas/hotel, it might make a difference...though ticket prices are still ridiculous. Really torn - it's the only time the lads have ever made their way to the Sunshine State and I would be remiss if I didn't go, but...it's COLDPLAY for crying out loud! Sleep I dunno -maybe I'm being too harsh on Mr. Paltrow and co. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to Support Coldplay   Elbow to Support Coldplay - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow to Support Coldplay
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2