elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The next album.

Go down 
+14
ChrissieInFL
ticky
josephblack
MagicalTrevor
bluejayway
Eag
Leo
ukkonen
Stockhaus
TamedLamia
Jones
Misspelt Yoof
ElbowFreak
evilpixie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

The next album. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 15:46

The next album. - Page 2 Icon_e10 Especially since it's near impossible to find things here, I'd love to see the rarities/B-sides compiled and released. I would love to be a collector but there's no way I could afford it!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 09:01

New album won't be out until end-2010.
They've been too busy touring to do any recording... The next album. - Page 2 Smiley-sad010
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 23:14

Oooo, Im already excited for the new album...even if it is over a year away!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 09:47

The Guardian wrote:
Warmed by their Mercury prize win and a now double-platinum record, Elbow are "well on [their] way" toward album number five, frontman Guy Garvey said this week. The only catch is – they are taking their time.

"It's tempting to try and capitalise on this one's success, but I think it's more important that we make sure it's a good record," Garvey told Billboard. Though the Bury band have started working on new songs, they don't expect to release anything until the tail end of 2010.

"We've got a bunch of stuff we've been writing on tour that we're very slowly knocking into shape," Garvey said. "We're trying to do just five or six days of writing every few weeks, and then we're going to collate it, and do the same thing again for a year and half."

The Seldom Seen Kid, Elbow's breakthrough album, was released in March 2008. They have since collected a Brit award for best British group and two Ivor Novello songwriting prizes.

Despite their UK success, Elbow have yet to penetrate the US – peaking at No 109 on the Billboard 200. They are still attempting to break America – and will support Coldplay on a forthcoming tour – but Garvey isn't much bothered by the ambivalence of US audiences. "Conquering the world is a game of the young man, really," the 35-year-old said. "We've been out there for every album and we do OK in the major cities ... We're going to go and have a look."
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 12:25

Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:33

Looks like we could be in for a really really long wait, id better enjoy my Elbow fix next month to the max to keep me going Smile

http://www.gigwise.com/news/52232/Elbow-New-Album-Could-Take-FIVE-Years-To-Finish
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 19:15

affraid

As a fan of Peter Gabriel I am used to wait but still I hope they don't keep us wait THAT long... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 21:15

Five years is going to be a long wait, but i can totally understand why they're doing it. They've got quite a standard to maintain, i'd say they've got nothing to worry about, the three that proceeded it are as good as the one that finally got them their long overdue acclaim!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 08:51

Well, and IF it really lasts that long I hope it will bore away the folks who talk during less known tracks on concerts... silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next album.   The next album. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next album.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2